Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I burn Open Office to a CD and sell the CD

Beans

Re: Can I burn Open Office to a CD and sell the CD

Blech. Who would want to download OO, let alone pay for it? I recently had to type up a paper complete with graphs. Between the hidden options, buggy interface and random crashes, I think I would have been more productive if I had just beat my face with a hammer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

yeah totally. go for it. I think it might be nice if you donate some of that money back to Ooo.org Project they deserve their credit. But yeah if you are taking your time to burn CD's have packaging and everything and people will pay then by all means do it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Between the hidden options, buggy interface and random crashes, I think I would have been more productive if I had just beat my face with a hammer.
    From what I understand many interface issues and stability issues have been fixed for version 3.0. I have seen it called the MS word killer in many Tech blogs. Of course Anyone can get the source code and try to fix the bugs for themselves and modify the interface to make it more friendly. Not all together practical but definitely possible.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Joeb454 View Post
    If the person doesn't have a high-speed 'net connection - then what.

If I remember rightly, the OpenOffice image is around 230-250Mb, which is quite a lot to download on a 56k dial-up connection
    you can order a cd from the website:
    http://distribution.openoffice.org/c...dex.html#cdrom

for the OP, from the link above:
    Would you like to Be a Distributor too? We welcome anyone who would like to distribute OpenOffice.org in their local community. For further information,
    Linux user #435981 / Ubuntu user #9751

"...when i hear the voices, i ignore them, and do something constructive, like play with my ubuntu..."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by drascus View Post
    yeah totally. go for it. I think it might be nice if you donate some of that money back to Ooo.org
    Thats precisely what I was gonna say. You can sell the CDs for $2 instead of $1,and donate a part of it back to the Open office project. I think they need any and every kind of help and support anyone can provide.
    Face your daemons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

same thing happens to Audacity, an open source audio editing program.

Folks sell it on ebay.

It doesn't really sit right with me, but then the benefits of open source faaar outweigh the problems of folks making jerks of themselves.

Kind regards

Dave Rich

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12