Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast

Thread: The Composite Manager Guide: How to Get Vista-ish Effects in (K)(X)Ubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: The Composite Manager Guide: How to Get Vista-ish Effects in (K)(X)Ubuntu.

For me, composite manager effects works fine by for some X hours, then it starts to slow down KDE. Disabling and re-enabling it helps for another X hours. So, it is yet a little buggy.

Tom;

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I'm using Xfce version 4.3.99.1 (Xfce 4.4 BETA2). I have modified my xorg.conf file enabling the composite extension and adding the options in the device section. I restart the computer and try to enable the composting but dont get the tab in the Window Manager Tweaks window. Any suggestions? Am I missing something?
    UlTraNoiz3

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

aka anime4christ (I'm a guy, btw.)
    My personal boring website ^_^
    Jesus has changed your life. Save changes? (Y/N)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Thanks, it did help though i still can't make it work. I give up for now i'll try again in a couple of months.
    UlTraNoiz3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks for this howto. Works well under Edgy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EdgyXcompmgr.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	20439  

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Works great on Edgy, thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Oh, it seems I have logout/shutdown bug. I'm using lastest nvidia drivers 9629...

Beans

Last edited by ajm2005; December 7th, 2008 at 12:07 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

As a newbie to Ubuntu I appreciate the simplicity of the instructions. Thx for the info and for a fun way to strengthen my skills!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

This is cool, but why does it mess up my video playback when I'm running it? I have to turn it off to watch a video without all this breakage.

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast