Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Composite Manager Guide: How to Get Vista-ish Effects in (K)(X)Ubuntu.

Beans

Re: The Composite Manager Guide: How to Get Vista-ish Effects in (K)(X)Ubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by Biased turkey
    How do I adjust the transparency level in xfce4 windows ?
    Tried transset? I'm not sure if it conflicts with XFCE's composite manager but trying wouldn't hurt; type "transset 0.5", click a window and see what it does.

By the way, here comes my new faster, less buggy favorite with which I've had no crashes:
    Code:
    -fF -n -D9 -r14 -O 0.05 -I 0.075
    No more shadows, fast fades, translucency.
    Previously known as 23meg

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMusicAddict
    1. Can you exclude apps from xcompmgr? ie: gDesklets
    I wish. Good point. I like the shadow on many of my desklets though.

2. When I 1st boot it takes 2 mins for my session apps to come up after xcompmgr is loaded. Any way to speed this up?
    What order do you run it in?

3. On my nVidia system I get artifacts on the desktop. They vanish if I move a window over the area to refresh it. Ever seen this?
    Yes. And I get weird scrolling mess ups too. Its part of it. Worth it for me because I have less outright crashes.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by poofyhairguy
    I wish. Good point. I like the shadow on many of my desklets though.
    Weird thing is shadows appear around the desklets screengrab which is sometimes well away from the desklet. ie: StarterBar. Oh well.
    What order do you run it in?
    41. Like the guide says. Should I go higher or lower?

I see a new xcompmgr mentioned. Im having trouble finding it to download. Is it a .deb or source?

Beans

It's a source but there's also a binary in the package as well. I easily built it from source and checkinstalled it, no extra dependencies.
    Previously known as 23meg

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMusicAddict
    I see a new xcompmgr mentioned. Im having trouble finding it to download. Is it a .deb or source?
    Its compiled in a zip file as an attachment in the first post. Extract it somewhere, then cd into that folder when you use the commands.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

hello
    well i build the new version easily with checkinstall for my ubuntu64.
    It works pretty great.

I still got the log out problem as everybody.
    As previously said, xcompmgr hangs my sessions start-up programs for about a minute.

Anyway it is pretty great

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have got the same problem, xcompmgr hangs my session start-up for about 3 minutes if i add it in the session start-up programs.
    So i removed it from the sessions start-up programs to solve the problem.

Maybe it could be added in the bug list.

Beans

If i would have a R100/R2XX ati card, i still could not use those new EXA acceleration thinks, because dapper is still using xorg 6.8.2, right ?
    How long do we have to wait for 7.0 ?
    or does someone have experimental cvs packages around ? Or just binaries ?
    Does 7.0 help for >R300 cards, too ?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by maxtreiber
    If i would have a R100/R2XX ati card, i still could not use those new EXA acceleration thinks, because dapper is still using xorg 6.8.2, right ?
    How long do we have to wait for 7.0 ?
    or does someone have experimental cvs packages around ? Or just binaries ?
    Eventually it will be in Dapper I am sure. Till then we wait I guess.

Does 7.0 help for >R300 cards, too ?
    Kinda. No acceration though, just compatibility.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans

just tried it out with x.org CVS.
    Followed instructions from:
    http://wiki.x.org/wiki/CvsPage#head-...3bdb14ad876d2d
    ... very easy and straigtforward.
    And with my ATI 9250 composite just works perfectly.
    And not only that: Xv, TV-Overlay, everything, just perfect,
    Thanks!

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast