Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Make festival TTS use better voices (MBROLA / CMU / HTS)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOWTO: Make festival TTS use better voices (MBROLA / CMU / HTS)

We will develop an additional festvox voice. Therefore I had to test the Festival installation process. So far the Nitech voices are the best I came across.
    Thanks for your helpful tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
    ...I've spent enough time and I'll wait until someone tries out that new festival and reports back
    hi mrplow. I compiled Festival 2.1. successfully yesterday evening following the detailed instructions of every README and INSTALL text.

But I had problems getting the Nitech voices to work due to "failed to load header of pdfs". [1] I didn't really understand the proposed solution so I was not able to solve the problem. I completely removed the files today and tried with the old repository version which worked like a charm.

[1] http://hts.sp.nitech.ac.jp/hts-users.../msg00196.html
    Last edited by meufel; January 14th, 2011 at 10:04 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

sorry doublepost
    Last edited by meufel; January 15th, 2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: doublepost

Beans

Does anybody know how to use multiple -eval paramaters in the text2wave program by Festival?

I would like to set (voice_cmu_us_awb_arctic_clunits) as well as (Parameter.set 'Duration_Stretch 1.5) but I cant figure out how?

Any help?

Beans

Angry Re: HOWTO: Make festival TTS use better voices (MBROLA / CMU / HTS)

Quote Originally Posted by meufel View Post
    We will develop an additional festvox voice. Therefore I had to test the Festival installation process. So far the Nitech voices are the best I came across.
    Thanks for your helpful tutorial

hi mrplow. I compiled Festival 2.1. successfully yesterday evening following the detailed instructions of every README and INSTALL text.

But I had problems getting the Nitech voices to work due to "failed to load header of pdfs". [1] I didn't really understand the proposed solution so I was not able to solve the problem. I completely removed the files today and tried with the old repository version which worked like a charm.

[1] http://hts.sp.nitech.ac.jp/hts-users.../msg00196.html
    hi Ubuntu/Festival GURUs

I am new to Ubuntu/Linux and new to festival i am trying to setup festival with Nitech voices but you all already struggled to setup those with latest version of festival 2.1. So I also decided to use festival 1.96.

for this I struggled to use apt-get install to install festival-1.96 but i don't know how to install previous version where as the current version is now 2.0.96~beta, if someone please help me in this considering me a dump on linux.

Anyway I moved to the instruction on Post#1 to build festival1.96~beta myself but when i try to debuild it (after performing all the prerequisites) i got following error on terminal.

Please someone help me to get this fixed. Thanks before hand

Code:
    EST_wave_io.cc:74: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’
    EST_wave_io.cc: In function ‘char* nist_get_param_str(const char*, const char*, const char*)’:
    EST_wave_io.cc:90: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’
    EST_wave_io.cc: In function ‘EST_read_status load_wave_nist(EST_TokenStream&, short int**, int*, int*, int*, int*, EST_sample_type_t*, int*, int, int)’:
    EST_wave_io.cc:222: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
    make[2]: *** [EST_wave_io.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [speech_class] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mubashar/fest_tmp/speech-tools-1.2.96~beta'
    make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
    debuild: fatal error at line 1319:
    couldn't exec fakeroot debian/rules:

Beans

Question Re: HOWTO: Make festival TTS use better voices (MBROLA / CMU / HTS)

I am new to Festival and New to Unix/Linux envoirnment.

I have Setup Festival 2.1 on Ubuntu 10.10 successfully with instruction given in INSTALL file.

Then I decided to setup HTS 2.1.1 voices available at http://hts.sp.nitech.ac.jp/?Download.

Downloaded, Configure, make and make install its prerequisites and HTS-demo_CMU-ARCTIC-SLT as per instruction given in INSTALL file and this post

Everything gone smooth but what to do now, should I copy some files to festival folder, do i need to tell the path of HTS-demo_CMU-ARCTIC-SLT to festival somehow or to add it to Some Environment Variable.

Please answer me with consideration that I am new to Unix/Linux environment If some one can share the detailed guidelines, I would also like to add other avialble voices in HTS 2.1.1.

Beans

A workaround:

* Install VirtualBox
    * Install Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS
    * Follow the instructions in the original post. It works perfectly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Sounds to me like I'll have to wait for festvox to release the HTS 2.1.1 voices if I want to use festival 2.0.95 beta? Or I could figure out how to compile the voices myself... Decisions, decisions. Also, the previous version of festival in Ubuntu's repos (<= Lucid, 1.96 beta) is from 2004 and 2.0.95 beta (>= Maverick's repos) is from 2010. So should I...

a) Use an outdated version of festival with better voices
    b) Use a newer version of festival with poorer quality voices
    c) Figure out how to build the voices from source

Sounds like there are enough of interested in it, I'll post back with any progress I make. Please do the same

Beans

Cool Re: HOWTO: Make festival TTS use better voices (MBROLA / CMU / HTS)

Quote Originally Posted by LCamel View Post
    A workaround:

* Install VirtualBox
    * Install Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS
    * Follow the instructions in the original post. It works perfectly.
    Thanks for Reply, It really WORKED!!!!

Some other voices are not working but nitech voices are working quit fine, anyway I am looking for to control the speed of utterance is there anyway to do it????

Beans

Hello, I want to use this scripts for training my own voices, and I have this problem:

Synthesizing a speech waveform from /home/gtc/dmolina/dmolina/hts_pruebas/ar2_michel/data/labels/gen/michelgen1.lab using hts_engine...

Error: HTS_Model_load_pdf: Failed to load header of pdfs

I would like to know how can I solve it, because I need to use this voices

Thanks

Beans

SIOD ERROR: could not open file /usr/lib/festival/siod.scm
    SIOD ERROR: could not open file /usr/lib/festival/siod.scm

I install festival, speech_tools, festvox (everything i need it) but i don't know what to do in this case. Someone have any idea about it?

thanks

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast