Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Quote Originally Posted by WildeBeest View Post
    The package installer won't allow me to install it.

It gives me the following message and the install button is disabled.

Error: A later version is already installed
    You're probably running an older version of Ubuntu, aren't you?

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Following errors during ccmake .
    Code:
    CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
     and cmake can not find them.
     Please set the following variables:
     QT_QTOPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
    found the issue is with libqt4-opengl tried removing/installing libqt4-opengl-dev
    Code:
    xzavier@Dragon:~/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src$ sudo apt-get install libqt4-opengl-dev 
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      libqt4-opengl-dev
    0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0B/39.1kB of archives.
    After this operation, 233kB of additional disk space will be used.
    (Reading database ... 144249 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking libqt4-opengl-dev (from .../libqt4-opengl-dev_4.4.0-1ubuntu4~hardy1_i386.deb) ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libqt4-opengl-dev_4.4.0-1ubuntu4~hardy1_i386.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/pkgconfig/QtOpenGL.pc', which is also in package libqt4-dev
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/libqt4-opengl-dev_4.4.0-1ubuntu4~hardy1_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    xzavier@Dragon:~/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src$
    i

would love some help..

get:
    [code]

Beans

@Xzavier:
    as I posted earlier, this is a known bug. You can work around it by using "dpkg -i --force-overwrite package-name" to install the package. It will work then.
    You can find the package in "/var/cache/apt/archives/" if apt-get/synaptic already downloaded it.
    Last edited by bejurne; May 28th, 2008 at 10:56 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bejurne View Post
    @Xzavier:
    as I posted earlier, this is a known bug. You can work around it by using "dpkg --force-overwrite package-name" to install the package. It will work then.
    You can find the package in "/var/cache/apt/archives/" if apt-get/synaptic already downloaded it.
    my apologizes i must have over looked.. i did dig all the entries looking for a same situation.. i will attempt.. thank you

=-=

it appears my syntax is incorrect..
    Code:
    xzavier@Dragon:~/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src$ sudo dpkg --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libqt4-opengl_4.4.0-1ubuntu4~hardy1_i386.deb
    dpkg: need an action option
    reading the man pages. i didnt find them very helpful on this issue..
    Last edited by Xzavier; May 19th, 2008 at 03:57 AM.

Beans

Very Usefull

See the info below:

http://a2zhowto .blogspot.com/

http://learnphpwithme .blogspot.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockguy318 View Post
    You're probably running an older version of Ubuntu, aren't you?
    Nope, Hardy 64 bit.
    Last edited by WildeBeest; May 20th, 2008 at 01:52 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Xzavier View Post
    it appears my syntax is incorrect..
    Code:
    xzavier@Dragon:~/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src$ sudo dpkg --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libqt4-opengl_4.4.0-1ubuntu4~hardy1_i386.deb
    dpkg: need an action option
    reading the man pages. i didnt find them very helpful on this issue..
    my bad
    just add the -i option, so dpkg knows you want to install
    so you get:

Code:
    sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libqt4-opengl_4.4.0-1ubuntu4~hardy1_i386.deb
    This should be added to the howto, there will be more people with this problem...

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Having the same issue when running 'ccmake .'

Code:
     CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
     and cmake can not find them.
     Please set the following variables:
     QT_QTOPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
    Tried
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libqt4-opengl_4.4.0-1ubuntu4~hardy1_i386.deb
    which turns up no errors. Synaptic says the libqt4-opengl is installed, however I get the following error when trying to install the -dev.
    Code:
    E: /var/cache/apt/archives/libqt4-opengl-dev_4.4.0-1ubuntu4~hardy1_i386.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/pkgconfig/QtOpenGL.pc', which is also in package libqt4-dev
    Have I missed something or is this not do-able till the bugs fixed?

Beans

Not sure where I mucked up earlier but managed to get libqt4-opengl-dev installed with
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --force-all -i /var/cache/apt/archives/libqt4-opengl-dev_4.4.0-1ubuntu4~hardy1_i386.deb
    (--force-overwrite didn't work for me)

I redownloaded the projectM svn and ran 'cmake .' which didn't give me the blue interface while compiling like the first time which seemed odd but seemed to complete and make/install anyway. When invoking projectM-pulseaudio I get
    Code:
    /usr/local/bin/projectM-pulseaudio: error while loading shared libraries: libprojectM-qt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I realised I used 'cmake .' instead of 'ccmake .' oops... It installed into /usr/local instead.. Realised that when I was about to edit the makefile luckily... So compiled again with 'ccmake .' and all went well and is working great!

Is there a way to 'uninstall' from the cmake since it installed into /usr/local the first time (instead of /usr like the guide says)?

Fantastic guide thanks for taking the time and sharing.
    Custom Desktop / CPU: 4x2.40 GHz / Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 / RAM: 4Gb / Ubuntu Lucid (10.04 testing)
    Dell XPS 1710 / CPU: 2x2.16 GHz / Nvidia GeForce Go 7950GTX / RAM: 4Gb / Ubuntu Karmic (9.10)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi Zularan:

I don't believe ccmake support uninstalls yet, so you'll have to go into /usr/local and manually remove the files if it bothers you I'm afraid.

Sam

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast