Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Running Maverick(in mint 10). I see projectM-pulseaudio is in the repo's but I decided to try this install and enable cg in ccmake, Crunch!

Code:
    /home/eddie/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-pulseaudio/qprojectM-pulseaudio.cpp: In function ‘std::string read_config()’:
    /home/eddie/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-pulseaudio/qprojectM-pulseaudio.cpp:170: error: ‘mkdir’ was not declared in this scope
    make[2]: *** [projectM-pulseaudio/CMakeFiles/projectM-pulseaudio.dir/qprojectM-pulseaudio.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [projectM-pulseaudio/CMakeFiles/projectM-pulseaudio.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Anyone provide a clue,I tried to decipher it but its a bit gobbledegook to me,it appears to be a missing directory??

eddie

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Quote Originally Posted by eddier View Post
    Running Maverick(in mint 10). I see projectM-pulseaudio is in the repo's but I decided to try this install and enable cg in ccmake, Crunch!

Code:
    /home/eddie/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-pulseaudio/qprojectM-pulseaudio.cpp: In function ‘std::string read_config()’:
    /home/eddie/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-pulseaudio/qprojectM-pulseaudio.cpp:170: error: ‘mkdir’ was not declared in this scope
    make[2]: *** [projectM-pulseaudio/CMakeFiles/projectM-pulseaudio.dir/qprojectM-pulseaudio.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [projectM-pulseaudio/CMakeFiles/projectM-pulseaudio.dir/all] Error 2
    Anyone provide a clue,I tried to decipher it but its a bit gobbledegook to me,it appears to be a missing directory??

eddie
    Try running "sudo apt-get build-dep projectm-pulseaudio"
    and rerunning make.
    "Microsoft Windows: A collection of 32bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16bit patch to an 8bit O.S. originally coded for a 4bit microprocessor written by a 2bit company who cant stand 1 bit of competition." Jargon File 4.4.7

Beans
    Distro

Code:

eddie
    fixed: open qprojectm-pulseaudio.cpp in a text editor, go to line 169 and comment it out. Then it will compile. Just make sure that ~/.projectM/config.inp exists, cause I am not a C++ programmer, so I don't know how to completely fix the situation, just kinda hack around it Now I get CG too lol
    "Microsoft Windows: A collection of 32bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16bit patch to an 8bit O.S. originally coded for a 4bit microprocessor written by a 2bit company who cant stand 1 bit of competition." Jargon File 4.4.7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Lightbulb Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Code:
    /home/eddie/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-pulseaudio/qprojectM-pulseaudio.cpp:  In function ‘std::string read_config()’:
    /home/eddie/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-pulseaudio/qprojectM-pulseaudio.cpp:170:  error: ‘mkdir’ was not declared in this scope

eddie
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdy_kid View Post
    fixed: open qprojectm-pulseaudio.cpp in a text editor, go to line 169 and comment it out. Then it will compile. Just make sure that ~/.projectM/config.inp exists, cause I am not a C++ programmer, so I don't know how to completely fix the situation, just kinda hack around it Now I get CG too lol
    I found the fix for this problem. If you read the manual for the mkdir() function (type "man 2 mkdir"), you'll see that this function requires <sys/types.h> and <sys/stat.h>. So do the following:

1) Open "src/projectM-pulseaudio/qprojectM-pulseaudio.cpp" in a text editor.
    2) Under line 46 ("#include <math.h>") add the following two lines:
    Code:
    #include <sys/types.h>
    #include <sys/stat.h>
    3) Save and exit. It should now compile.

I've submitted the patch to the projectM tracker: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?fun...01&atid=637262
    Last edited by figure002; February 15th, 2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Added link to the patch

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by figure002 View Post
    I found the fix for this problem. If you read the manual for the mkdir() function (type "man 2 mkdir"), you'll see that this function requires <sys/types.h> and <sys/stat.h>. So do the following:

1) Open "src/projectM-pulseaudio/qprojectM-pulseaudio.cpp" in a text editor.
    2) Under line 46 ("#include <math.h>") add the following two lines:
    Code:
    #include <sys/types.h>
    #include <sys/stat.h>
    3) Save and exit. It should now compile.
    You might want to submit this upstream

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockguy318 View Post
    You might want to submit this upstream
    Good point. I just submitted the patch to the projectM tracker: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?fun...01&atid=637262

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by figure002 View Post
    Good point. I just submitted the patch to the projectM tracker: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?fun...01&atid=637262
    hopefully it gets committed

there hasn't been much/any projectM svn activity in a while iirc

Beans

Unhappy Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Hi, I managed to get projectm installed but when I tried it I realized that it only shown a black screen, I hope somebody have any idea on how to fix this, PS. Im using ubuntu 10.10.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by phyroarch View Post
    Hi, I managed to get projectm installed but when I tried it I realized that it only shown a black screen, I hope somebody have any idea on how to fix this, PS. Im using ubuntu 10.10.
    how did you install it? In Ubuntu 10.10 all you have to do is type

Code:
    sudo apt-get install projectm-pulseaudio
    in a terminal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

hi, I'm in a similar situation:
    I installed it from the repos and it opens and shows the plugins ok, but even though i configured the right pulseaudio entry it just looks like there's no audio going through it.

then i downloaded the .deb from page 28 and the projectm-test works, but the projectm-pulseaudio one doesn't!

any ideas??

I'm using rhythmbox for playing audio

thanks!

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast