Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

I tried following this guide, but at the ccmake step it tells me that there's no CMakeList.txt

Any ideas?
    Have you tried removing the Cmake cache as detailed in the tutorial? Please post the exact command output you get with this error.

Sam

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Quote Originally Posted by sammydee View Post
    Have the people running projectm-test actually tried just running projectm-pulseaudio?

The test if probably only useful for developers and debugging anyway, I might remove it from the tutorial.

Sam

EDIT: Has been removed from the tutorial, it was a useless additonal step anyway. Why care if the test fails as long as the actual program works?
    I tried projectM-pulseaudio right after I tried projectM-test a few times. It segfaults as well.

digby@velvet:~$ projectM-test
    dir:/usr/share/projectM/config.inp
    reading ~/.projectM/config.inp
    Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050
    MAX SAMPLES:2048
    Segmentation fault
    digby@velvet:~$ projectM-pulseaudio
    dir:/usr/share/projectM/config.inp
    reading ~/.projectM/config.inp
    MAX SAMPLES:2048
    load config END
    unconnected: connecting...
    connectHelper: "alsa_output.pci_8086_24c5_sound_card_0_alsa_playb ack_0.monitor"
    Segmentation fault

I'm using an ATI Radeon Mobility 9000.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I don't think I can help. Have you tried the IRC channel?

Sam

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I can't really trace your problem without seeing it in gdb. Please change the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to "Debug", rebuild / install the project again, and run projectM-test via "gdb projectM-test". Then post the gdb's stack trace to the forum.

Beans

projectM-test works fine for me after compiling, projectM does nothing in terminal (bash: projectM: command not found).

I can select ProjectM in Mythtv settings.. but when I try and playback music the visualizations is just a white page. If I maximize the visualization i get a segmentation fault.

I have a Nvidia 6800GT

Edit.. I should say I'm using mythbuntu with xfce window manager
    Last edited by castles; April 30th, 2008 at 07:05 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockguy318 View Post
    I can compile okay when I turn FTGL support off, but when I try to copmile with FTGL I get this error:
    Code:
    [ 43%] Building CXX object projectM-engine/CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/TimeKeeper.o
    Linking CXX shared library libprojectM.so
    /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libftgl.a(FTFont.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `vtable for FTFont' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
    /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libftgl.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [projectM-engine/libprojectM.so.2.00] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [projectM-engine/CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    lukas@lukas-desktop:~/Desktop/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src$

can anyone please tell me how to recompile it correctly (perhaps with different flags)?

I get this error when Making:

Code:
    Linking CXX shared library libprojectM.so
    /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libftgl.a(FTFont.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `vtable for FTFont' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
    /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libftgl.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [projectM-engine/libprojectM.so.2.00] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [projectM-engine/CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Thanks

Beans

Have you tried "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RELEASE" mentioned here?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by castles View Post
    projectM-test works fine for me after compiling, projectM does nothing in terminal (bash: projectM: command not found).

I can select ProjectM in Mythtv settings.. but when I try and playback music the visualizations is just a white page. If I maximize the visualization i get a segmentation fault.

I have a Nvidia 6800GT

Edit.. I should say I'm using mythbuntu with xfce window manager
    castles: The command is:

Code:
    projectM-pulseaudio
    Use tab autocompletion, it's much easier

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sammydee View Post
    castles: The command is:

Code:
    projectM-pulseaudio
    Use tab autocompletion, it's much easier
    Thanks Sammy,

I was trying it with a lowercase "M" (might be worth updating the tutorial).

I get the following error now:
    Code:
    Connection failure: Connection refused
    ASSERT failure in QCoreApplication::sendEvent: "Cannot send events to objects owned by a different thread. Current thread 808ea78. Receiver 'QProjectM_MainWindow' (of type 'QWidget') was created in thread 8064118", file kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp, line 274
    Aborted
    Last edited by castles; April 30th, 2008 at 02:32 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi castles.

Tutorial updated, the other segfault you get is way beyond my abilities to decipher so we'd better wait for Struktured to comment.

Sam

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast