Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Fixed. Thanks for making me aware of this. Been coding projectM on the mac more than anywhere else lately and apple apparently has looser sensitivities to C++ syntax than linux.

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Quote Originally Posted by struktured View Post
    Fixed. Thanks for making me aware of this. Been coding projectM on the mac more than anywhere else lately and apple apparently has looser sensitivities to C++ syntax than linux.
    Fixed. Compiles and works fine on hardy x86. However, an older version of ftgl is required if font support is wanted. How much work would it be to make projectM compatible with the ftgl-dev in Ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Well I have been slowly getting the ambition to install hardy on something for a variety of reasons, but before then it's not that easy to verify the FTGL problem until I get more feedback from users or I finally get access to an ubuntu machine.

- Carmelo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I compiled this on Hardy just fine on one computer, but it segfaulted on another when I tried to run projectM from a terminal.

Unfortunately it doesn't want to work after the first try like it did for the writer of this tutorial.

Any suggestions? I don't get anything other than 'Segmentation fault', so I don't know what to do here.

Beans

I tried following this guide, but at the ccmake step it tells me that there's no CMakeList.txt

Any ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Great howto, I have it all running perfectly at 1920x1200 now

Next step, network visualisations

Beans

Okay, I got redownloaded the source, and it compiled.

However, I keep getting segmentation faults when I run projectM-test.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by digbybare View Post
    Okay, I got redownloaded the source, and it compiled.

However, I keep getting segmentation faults when I run projectM-test.
    Same here. Running an nvidia card.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mocha View Post
    Same here. Running an nvidia card.
    ditto
    xzavier@Dragon:~/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src$ projectM-test
    dir:/usr/share/projectM/config.inp
    reading ~/.projectM/config.inp
    Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050
    MAX SAMPLES:2048
    Segmentation fault

Apr 28 22:04:45 Dragon kernel: [ 251.296999] projectM-pulsea[5858]: segfault at 00000000 eip 00000000 esp bfec05dc error 4
    i'm
    Last edited by Xzavier; April 29th, 2008 at 03:31 AM. Reason: more errors -

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Have the people running projectm-test actually tried just running projectm-pulseaudio?

The test if probably only useful for developers and debugging anyway, I might remove it from the tutorial.

Sam

EDIT: Has been removed from the tutorial, it was a useless additonal step anyway. Why care if the test fails as long as the actual program works?
    Last edited by sammydee; April 29th, 2008 at 01:48 PM.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast