Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Quote Originally Posted by sputty01 View Post
    Thanks johnl worked a treat, its users like you that make using linux such an awesome experience!
    awww how sweet!

i like it when people are authentically grateful for help... instead of just expecting it.

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Angeles View Post
    awww how sweet!

i like it when people are authentically grateful for help... instead of just expecting it.
    I'm also very grateful for your guide. However, I am still in hopes that projectm will package their app for ubuntu so it will be easier to install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Anyone can package it for the ubuntu repositories if they know how to make debian packages.

I did have a quick look at the debian packaging guide but it doesn't look all that easy.

Sam

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sammydee View Post
    Anyone can package it for the ubuntu repositories if they know how to make debian packages.

I did have a quick look at the debian packaging guide but it doesn't look all that easy.

Sam
    Yeah making debs is quite a complicated process. I coded a compile apps and compiled them into debs, but the package creation processes was more time consuming than the coding.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Both fedora and mint have these packages already, if enough people would benefit from this becoming a package (I certainly think they would) perhaps we could ask the Ubuntu packaging team?

Is there something like an official wish list for debian packages?

Sam

Beans

Same problem as earlier with 64 bit font support here as todays release.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

What same problem?

Beans

Well i fixed this myself, but it should be interesting for any 64bit user who gets stuck at the "make" with some error..
    (solution included)
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=623919

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

This is a tough one. Please post the contents of "/usr/lib/pkgconfig/*ftgl*.pc" on your system. For instance, mine (Gentoo) is "/usr/lib/pkgconfig/ftgl.pc" and contains:

prefix=/usr
    exec_prefix=${prefix}
    libdir=/usr/lib64
    includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: ftgl
    Description: OpenGL frontend to Freetype 2
    Version: 2.1.2
    Requires:
    Libs: -lGLU -lGL -lfreetype -lz -L${libdir} -lftgl
    Cflags: -I${includedir}/FTGL -I/usr/include/freetype2

Beans

Error with current svn:

Code:
    Linking CXX shared library libprojectM.so
    [ 43%] Built target projectM
    Scanning dependencies of target projectM-qt
    [ 44%] Building CXX object projectM-qt/CMakeFiles/projectM-qt.dir/qprojectm_mainwindow.o
    /home/lukas/Desktop/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-qt/qprojectm_mainwindow.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void QProjectM_MainWindow::keyReleaseEvent(QKeyEvent*)’:
    /home/lukas/Desktop/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-qt/qprojectm_mainwindow.cpp:524: error: jump to case label
    /home/lukas/Desktop/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-qt/qprojectm_mainwindow.cpp:515: error:   crosses initialization of ‘bool projectM_HadFocus’
    /home/lukas/Desktop/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-qt/qprojectm_mainwindow.cpp:536: error: jump to case label
    /home/lukas/Desktop/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-qt/qprojectm_mainwindow.cpp:515: error:   crosses initialization of ‘bool projectM_HadFocus’
    /home/lukas/Desktop/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-qt/qprojectm_mainwindow.cpp:551: error: jump to case label
    /home/lukas/Desktop/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-qt/qprojectm_mainwindow.cpp:561: error: jump to case label
    make[2]: *** [projectM-qt/CMakeFiles/projectM-qt.dir/qprojectm_mainwindow.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [projectM-qt/CMakeFiles/projectM-qt.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    lukas@lukas-desktop:~/Desktop/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src$

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast