Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

I compiled the latest SVN on jaunty, should be version 2.0.1 i guess. made deb with checkinstall. so this is a 64 bit compilation of ProjectM latest. For some reason the package name is src. if anyone knows how to change that let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Thanks alot, works beautifully. Saved me having to compile this.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by enlight22 View Post
    For some reason the package name is src. if anyone knows how to change that let me know.
    Change the "Name" value in the "This package will be built according to these values:" dialog.

Example:

http://www.falkotimme.com/howtos/che...l/images/1.gif

I found the dependencies, by the way, by installing it on a fresh system, and using apt-file to find the missing packages that have the needed files.

They are libqt4-opengl, libglew1.5, and libftgl2.

I would make a new package, but I have Lucid Lynx Beta 2 now, and it just doesn't want to compile under Lucid.

Beans

tried this guide 2day on my 10.04 32bit ubuntu and it worked perfect!!i have a hp pavilion dv6000 with nvidia geforce go 7400!!

thanks so much for this!!!been trying to get this to work sice 8.04!!!!!thanks again!!!

Beans

I get an error when trying to install the deb (32-BIT)
    Code:
    Dpkg: error processing /home/dan/Desktop/projectm_2.0.1-1334_i386.deb (--Install): trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/projectm.so.2.00' which is also in package libprojectm2 0:1.2.0-3
    dpkg-deb: subproject paste killed by signal (broken pipe)
    I've been trying for ages to get this to work with the source and the deb so any help is appreciated.

PS Running lucid

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Humiliation View Post
    Code:
    Dpkg: error processing /home/dan/Desktop/projectm_2.0.1-1334_i386.deb (--Install): trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/projectm.so.2.00' which is also in package libprojectm2 0:1.2.0-3
    I've been trying for ages to get this to work with the source and the deb so any help is appreciated.

PS Running lucid
    Uninstall package libprojectm2.

Also, if it says "...which is also in package xxx" uninstall that too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by Humiliation View Post
    Code:

PS Running lucid
    Hi "Humiliation"
    I get the same error (using the 64bit DEB supplied here by enlight22)
    Used Synaptic to "Remove completely" the libprojectm2 package and it's associate, but still same error.

Lucid 64bit, fresh install.

Beans

enlight22's deb didnt work for me, but it inspired me to learn checkinstall and make my own. One major difference is the number of presets in the deb I generated. I had to generate a script to rename all the presets (.milk files) with spaces in their name to underscores so that checkinstall would include them in the deb.

Generated this on a fresh install of Lucid Lynx so hopefully it will work for everyone with an updated system.

Also for everyone with a working projectM, apparently F1 in the visualization window displays a help menu. An option not listed in the Help Menu though is pressing "b" after "m" to see a tool bar.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by proteusmoteus; May 24th, 2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: added presets Better Living Through Chemicals

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoscorpic View Post
    Hi "Humiliation"
    I get the same error (using the 64bit DEB supplied here by enlight22)
    Used Synaptic to "Remove completely" the libprojectm2 package and it's associate, but still same error.

Lucid 64bit, fresh install.
    If you really got rid of libprojectm2, there shouldn't be a /usr/lib/projectm.so.2.00 anymore. The deb you have there is also trying to install this, but the repos one is also there and is conflicting (the repos one isn't projectm-pulseaudio, it's some kind of thing for libvisual...kind of useless, really).

Double check if it was really uninstalled, then try manually removing /usr/lib/projectm.so.2.0.
    Poof.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Thanks proteusmoteus!

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast