Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

I'm having the same problem as well.
    Didn't start happening til i installed 1.2.0 though.
    1.0 worked fine

I really want to see the pixel shaders in action

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

i get this when i attempt to continue after configuring ccmake with Release and /usr/

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
    /home/malart/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/CMakeLists.txt:5:
    Unknown CMake command "cmake_policy".

really not sure whats going on, I'm new to Linux but excited to learn

Beans

im not sure if im not providing enough info or not... if not can someone tell me what to offer up?

Beans

Hi, I'm fairly new to Ubuntu and running Ubuntu 8.10. I installed ProjectM-Pulseradio the way it's described in the first post.
    Whenever I try to open ProjectM with 'Applications>SoundAnd Video>ProjectM-Pulseradio' it tries to open a window and immedeately closes it. I tried to run it from Terminal and get the following message:

volker@volker:~$ projectM-pulseaudio
    dir:/usr/./share/projectM/config.inp
    reading ~/.projectM/config.inp
    [projectM] config file: /home/volker/.projectM/config.inp
    No Textures Loaded from /usr/./share/projectM/textures
    set pipeline broken FIX ME
    [projectM] Allocating idle preset...
    [PresetFactory] path is Geiss & Sperl - Feedback (projectM idle HDR mix).milk
    [PresetFactory] url is idle://Geiss & Sperl - Feedback (projectM idle HDR mix).milk
    [projectM] warning: no valid files found in preset directory ""
    call factory clear here?
    call factory clear here?
    Segmentation fault
    volker@volker:~$

Can anyone help? It seems I have to change my default directory to a different directory...how do I do that?
    Any help is very much appreciated!

Beans

OK, so I re-installed it with the right directory and now get this message after trying to start in Terminal:

volker@volker:~$ projectM-pulseaudio
    dir:/usr/share/projectM/config.inp
    reading ~/.projectM/config.inp
    [projectM] config file: /home/volker/.projectM/config.inp
    No Textures Loaded from /usr/share/projectM/textures
    set pipeline broken FIX ME
    [projectM] Allocating idle preset...
    [PresetFactory] path is Geiss & Sperl - Feedback (projectM idle HDR mix).milk
    [PresetFactory] url is idle://Geiss & Sperl - Feedback (projectM idle HDR mix).milk
    [projectM] warning: no valid files found in preset directory ""
    call factory clear here?
    call factory clear here?
    unconnected: connecting...
    connectHelper: "alsa_output.pci_8086_284b_sound_card_0_alsa_playb ack_0.monitor"
    Segmentation fault
    volker@volker:~$

Anyone has any help?

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer from svn on Hardy

Followed the tutorial step-by-step. Didn't work; it fell at the last hurdle - it says:

cMake Error: Error in make code at
    /home/peter/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libporjectM/cMakeLists.txt:5:
    Unknown CMake command "cmake_policy".

Any ideas as to what wet wrong please? Cheers.

Beans

Thank god im not the only one lol... was starting to feel kinda lonely

Beans

Same problem here.

(cmake_policy..)

Beans

Hi,

the building proces works for me. But if I use the QT-Frontend, I just have a black screen. The menu works and I see all the .milks in the list. But no visualization.

If I install the debs postet some side before, the QT-Frontend seems to work. But the visualization is just crap. It is allways the same. If i try to change the .milk in the menu, the visualization doesnt chance. Just the line changes from red to blue or from circle to line. Circle is always centered in the lower left corner. This is wired behavior.

Does anyone know why the behavior is so strange? At startup it (projectM-audiopulse) alway shows the line, that it had not found any valid presets in "".

projectM-test always works fine. Perfect, no gtk, no qt! I just have no menu there to see some information, but I read somewhere, that it was disabled. Maybe I find out how I can enable it in sourcecode. Maybe someone can help me here, or point me in the right direction.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rogers View Post
    Hi,

the building proces works for me. But if I use the QT-Frontend, I just have a black screen. The menu works and I see all the .milks in the list. But no visualization.

If I install the debs postet some side before, the QT-Frontend seems to work. But the visualization is just crap. It is allways the same. If i try to change the .milk in the menu, the visualization doesnt chance. Just the line changes from red to blue or from circle to line. Circle is always centered in the lower left corner. This is wired behavior.

Does anyone know why the behavior is so strange? At startup it (projectM-audiopulse) alway shows the line, that it had not found any valid presets in "".

projectM-test always works fine. Perfect, no gtk, no qt! I just have no menu there to see some information, but I read somewhere, that it was disabled. Maybe I find out how I can enable it in sourcecode. Maybe someone can help me here, or point me in the right direction.

I have the very same problem here. ubuntu 9.04 32bit.
    That's a shame, I was really thrilled and hoping to see this in action, anyone can help? thanks in advance

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast