Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Quote Originally Posted by vmxmv View Post
    While making, I got the following error:
    Code:
    [  1%] Building CXX object projectM-engine/CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/Renderer.o
    /home/mcv/tmp/project-m/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-engine/Renderer.cpp: In member function ‘void Renderer::reset(int, int)’:
    /home/mcv/tmp/project-m/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-engine/Renderer.cpp:587: error: ‘shaderEngine’ was not declared in this scope
    make[2]: *** [projectM-engine/CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/Renderer.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [projectM-engine/CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Could someone help me with this, please?
    Did you enable cg shader effects in cmake? If so, try installing nvidia-cg-toolkit, or disable the cg option in cmake.

Sam

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Also worth mentioning is that when I try to play Warzone 2100 (really old), the game plays fine for 5 seconds then the framerate drops down to 3fps. This is at the lowest settings.

The weird thing is that it runs at a normal framerate for 5 seconds then drops. The 2 issues may be related (though projectM is slow from the instant the window appears). All other games seem to play fine.

The problems I have may be deeper than projectM. I shall try another distro to see if it's just Ubuntu and my computer (Arch, if I fail that then Mandriva).
    ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇█▉▊▋▌▍▎▏▏▎▍▌▋▊▉█▇▆▅▄▃▂▁

Beans

Please disregard the part about Warzone 2100. I really should try harder to solve my own problems.

FYI: the problem for it was that texturesize must be <=64 on the :~/.warzone2100-2.1/config file, from here
    ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇█▉▊▋▌▍▎▏▏▎▍▌▋▊▉█▇▆▅▄▃▂▁

Beans

ccmake . and g is giving me an error about libvisual-0.4 not being installed, when it and -dev is clearly installed. not sure what to do here

Beans

The program 'ccmake' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
    sudo apt-get install cmake
    bash: ccmake: command not found

brian@brian:~$ sudo apt-get install cmake
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    cmake is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    brian@brian:~$

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I've tried following the guide twice. I keep getting the same error. The make gets up to 21% and then stops because of something associated with Renderer. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Hans

Code:
    [ 21%] Building CXX object libprojectM/CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/Renderer.o
    /home/hansoffate/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/Renderer.cpp: In member function ‘void Renderer::reset(int, int)’:
    /home/hansoffate/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/Renderer.cpp:587: error: ‘shaderEngine’ was not declared in this scope
    make[2]: *** [libprojectM/CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/Renderer.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [libprojectM/CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Same problem here.
    Does anyone have a solution for this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmwolf View Post
    Same problem here.
    Does anyone have a solution for this?
    Yes, you enabled cg in ccmake. This allows shader effects in milkdrop 2.0 presets with compatible cards/drivers. You need to install the package nvidia-cg-toolkit then compile again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hmm, I enabled CG (it was not enabled in ccmake before) and installed the toolkit. It then compiled fine, but upon running projectM-pulseaudio it crashes with a fatal cd compiler error. Probably because I am testing this on an on-board intel laptop card.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I talked to the dev about it, apparently the cg stuff is experimental and I'd be very surprised if it worked at all on anything other than nvidia cards. However, the intel drivers do support shaders so it's not technically impossible.

If it is not compiling even with cg disabled then that's a bug and should be reported to the devs on irc, channel is #projectm on irc.freenode.net. They're on there most of the time.

Sam

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast