Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no sound in zsnes

Beans

Re: no sound in zsnes

Thank you that works well!

Just to clarify, we only need to run the code once and the zsnes will continue to operate in the same fashion when clicking its link from the games menu!

Beans

Using zsnes -ad sdl did, indeed, activate my sound, but it's very scratchy... any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by entic View Post
    Using zsnes -ad sdl did, indeed, activate my sound, but it's very scratchy... any ideas?
    not too sure but try opening ZSNES..CLICK CONFIG>SOUND and make sure that you have your sound sampling rate @ 48000HZ just click the sample rate box (the box with the green numbers right under sample rate) usually its 38000hz or so just click that area once at a time til its at 48000hz tell me if that works.. do that and then close zsnes or even reboot the computer and see if it works let me know
    Last edited by bigdee973; October 1st, 2008 at 03:35 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by bigdee973 View Post
    u dont need to mess with no configurations or nothing simply open up terminal..copy and paste this...

zsnes -ad sdl

sound should work perfect... dont type in sudo...that will only allow sound for root... by typing it just that way i gave it to u, all u'll have to do is click the link that was already made and it will work with sound... works perfect
    finally!! after those advice of installing this and that and didn't do any good! Thanks Alot!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by bigdee973 View Post
    u dont need to mess with no configurations or nothing simply open up terminal..copy and paste this...

zsnes -ad sdl

sound should work perfect... dont type in sudo...that will only allow sound for root... by typing it just that way i gave it to u, all u'll have to do is click the link that was already made and it will work with sound... works perfect
    worked for me 100% !!! thanQ

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

thanks i didnt discover this. i got it from another thread i seen and decided to share. sometimes u should look at manual pages for any program...almost every program installed in linux have man pages that will give you a list options/switches (e.g. zsnes -ad) and what the switches do...sometimes u can get a positive result if u open up a program with a set a switches (e.g. zsnes -dd -ad etc)... to view man pages just open up Terminal and type man plus the program name (e.g. man zsnes , man pidgin, man whateverprogram)
    Last edited by bigdee973; October 17th, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12