Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just curious... PS3 or XBOX 360?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Just curious... PS3 or XBOX 360?

I've got neither at the moment. Buying an Xbox 360 would mean breaking my Microsoft boycott (six years strong!), but the PlayStation 3 is both crippled (the 40GB version has no PS2 backward compatibility for some reason) and ridiculously expensive (the aforementioned crippled 40GB model is the price of an Xbox 360 Elite!) so that's not really an option either. I do have a Wii though, which will likely last me long enough to see which of the two others prevails in the long run.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I seriously dont think the XBOX is worth getting. It really pisses me off to think that they created a product that has such a reliability issue and haven't taken the time to really fix it and offer no solution to the problem that they know exist. I would advise you and everyone else to stay away from XBOX 360. My original Xbox lasted 4 years b4 i sold it. It still worked perfect, now there was a work of art.
    (DESKTOP)Intel Core 2 Quad 3.0 Ghz, 4G ram, nvidia 8800 GT 1G, LOTS of architecture programs
    (LAPTOP XPS 1530) Intel Core2 duo 2.2Ghz, 3G ram, Nvidia 8600m gt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by EnergySamus View Post
    Xbox 360. I just don't like the PS3, my friends had one for a while, and it broke on them 2 times... They then bought an Xbox 360. We now play on Xbox Live together. Plus it has Halo... Who doesn't like Halo?!

EnergySamus
    I am a huuuuuge halo fan version 1,2 and 3. I stopped playing mostly because of my hatred for the 360.
    (DESKTOP)Intel Core 2 Quad 3.0 Ghz, 4G ram, nvidia 8800 GT 1G, LOTS of architecture programs

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

We have many of both of them and I would say the XBOX 360 really worth it. Games really are better and the comparison are sad for the PS3.

There's a lot of nice XBOX360 games only and the same thing goes for the PS3.

Get both.

Ps : I REALLY do hope some improvements in GT5 because at the moment FORZA 2 has a better driving feeling. This is way more important than graphics.
    Last edited by ODF; April 8th, 2008 at 12:22 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by ODF View Post
    We have many of both of them and I would say the XBOX 360 really worth it. Games really are better and the comparison are sad for the PS3.

There's a lot of nice XBOX360 games only and the same thing goes for the PS3.

Get both.

Ps : I REALLY do hope some improvements in GT5 because at the moment FORZA 2 has a better driving feeling. This is way more important than graphics.
    Oh yes, forza 2. I do miss that game.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

PS3 ftw! Although there are only few good games right now, the PS3 will have a brighter future compared to the 360. *g*
    My little german ubuntu blog: http://ubuntu.macvillage.de/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    I've got neither at the moment. Buying an Xbox 360 would mean breaking my Microsoft boycott (six years strong!), but the PlayStation 3 is both crippled (the 40GB version has no PS2 backward compatibility for some reason) and ridiculously expensive (the aforementioned crippled 40GB model is the price of an Xbox 360 Elite!) so that's not really an option either. I do have a Wii though, which will likely last me long enough to see which of the two others prevails in the long run.
    PS3 has dropped in price
    Someone call a doctor to crack open my rib cage and repair my broken heart...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ditsch View Post
    PS3 ftw! Although there are only few good games right now, the PS3 will have a brighter future compared to the 360. *g*
    Do you actually realize how old is the XBOX360 ? and how the PS3 have difficulties to compete it ?

The ps3 lives because of its fans and all that stupid hype.

anyway the PS3 has something like 11 millions unit sold vs 18 for the xbox360. Since there's no sales for the Xbox360 in Japan ... the Xbox is doing great.
    Last edited by ODF; April 8th, 2008 at 01:06 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by ODF View Post
    Do you actually realize how old is the XBOX360 ? and how the PS3 have difficulties to compete it ?

The ps3 lives because of its fans and all that stupid hype.

And because Playstation... (all of them) kick butt, it's just another link in a chain... OF AWSOME!
    Someone call a doctor to crack open my rib cage and repair my broken heart...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by -gabe-noob- View Post
    And because Playstation... (all of them) kick butt, it's just another link in a chain... OF AWSOME!
    Actually the PS1 had no real competitor ... since the PS2 really had no competitor at all ... we can't really say it's AWEEESOMMEEE.

Now they have competition ... it's fun. It brings games out of Japan because Japan is no more the most important thing on earth in video games.

I'm happy we're getting the games before them, I'm happy they are created here instead of there.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast