Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux Local Distributors

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: Linux Local Distributors

Quote Originally Posted by dodimar View Post
    If you have a friend that has broadband... you can ask a favor for download....
    I don't have. I only have around 4 or 5 friends who have internet connection but not broadband...

You can also go to ASTI (in UP Diliman) to get a copy of Bayanihan Linux (Just bring a blank CD).
    Bayanihan Linux is great, but it requires lots of work to do to get it going. If I will try to work on it, I think it's not well documented either and there's not much enough user base around.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by fela View Post
    i wouldn't agree either that ubuntu is over hyped.
    ok, but it's certainly bloated.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by raxso View Post
    If you dont have broadband you can ask the nearest computer shop to download it for you and just pay for it... heheheheheh
    That would be very expensive. One time I asked one shop to burn a CD for me, the attendant said it would cost me 80 pesos. lol. Anyway I have found a generous friend in Charles Mendoza. He is from Makati I think who offers installable Linux CDs/DVDs for free except the disc of course and the shipment fee. I estimated the cost, it would loosely equal to the cost I will pay if I buy online. Thanks for your suggestions. More power to Linux!

Beans

i have extra ubuntu installer cd that i'm willing to give or send it to you for free if you want, since i got it for free as well.. but how much would it cost if i send you the 64 bits and 32 bits version cd installer?, i'm located here in Lagro Caloocan City.
    Polytechnic University of the Philippines .... Proud to be Pinoy!..
    Acer Aspire One ZG5 and Neo empriva Laptop: 1.6GHZ intel celeron, 2 Gig DDR2/667 Ram, 160 Gig HDD (80 for Mac OSX Leopard / 80 for Ubuntu 10.04) now i'm a happy man!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by adredz View Post
    ok, but it's certainly bloated.
    i wouldn't agree there either...i think ubuntu comes with virtually everything the average joe computer user needs. It just means you don't need to install loads of extra apps after you've already spent bout 30 minutes installing the OS, not like on *******.
    Server: 2.2GHz Athlon 64; 4GB; 2TB; Debian 5 x64
    LividEmperor: 3.3GHz i5 2500K; 8GB; 660GB; Ubuntu 10.10 x64 + Windows 7 x64
    Netbook1: 1.6GHz Atom; 2GB; 160GB; Ubuntu 10.10 x86
    Dogeatdog: 3GHz Phenom II; 3GB; 1TB; Windows 7 x64

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by killer_d76 View Post
    i have extra ubuntu installer cd that i'm willing to give or send it to you for free if you want, since i got it for free as well.. but how much would it cost if i send you the 64 bits and 32 bits version cd installer?, i'm located here in Lagro Caloocan City.
    I really appreciate your help, but I need other distros like Slackware other than Ubuntu. Acutually I am testing driving hardy in my pc right now. It's way way better out of the box than the previous releases. I know what I want is a bit irrelevant since this forum is for Ubuntu users. I just don't know where to voice it out...hehe

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I think you mean well funded.
    You can feel its powers.
    Ubuntu Hardware Compatibility List
    http://ubuntuhcl.org/ post yours

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by adredz View Post
    That would be very expensive. One time I asked one shop to burn a CD for me, the attendant said it would cost me 80 pesos. lol. Anyway I have found a generous friend in Charles Mendoza. He is from Makati I think who offers installable Linux CDs/DVDs for free except the disc of course and the shipment fee. I estimated the cost, it would loosely equal to the cost I will pay if I buy online. Thanks for your suggestions. More power to Linux!
    CDO, Cagayan de Oro? You know, we have friends here who are around your general area-- well, maybe not, but at least they're a bit nearer to you. Lowell, I believe is from Davao, and I believe he's more than an "enthusiast" so he'd be a good resource. Perhaps you can make an arrangement with him, something similar to the one you have with Charles? I'm optimistic that Davao-CDO postage will cost a lot less than Makati-CDO.

Hehehe, just an idea.
    I am a Man of Truth. I am a Free Human Person. I am a Peacemaker.
    ** Independent Multimedia Artist in Pasig **

Beans

heheh
    mahina lang din ang net connection ko, eh si OP naman is asking for various linux distros. which i could nt provide. so sana lang maging succesful yung arrangement nya from a generous guy from makati

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by loell View Post
    heheh
    mahina lang din ang net connection ko, eh si OP naman is asking for various linux distros. which i could nt provide. so sana lang maging succesful yung arrangement nya from a generous guy from makati
    deal not successful hehehe. ewan ko anong nangyari dun. pero ok lang tiis nlang ako download 17kbps hehehe

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast