Thread: Alleged threat against a member's bank account

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thumbs up Alleged threat against a member's bank account

Quote Originally Posted by FALSEFLAG View Post
    Trotsky proved mathematically that recessions are built into capitalism and that recession/depression results in poverty out of relation is just a matter of using the words as they are defined. BTW, someone is taking the opportunity of accessing your bank account...maybe you should change the password to something with both numbers and letters
    By the way, just so your aware, I have reported this post.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Obama or McCain?

Visitor from the Future

Beans: 4,659
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development) User
    Debian User
    Send a message via AIM to p_quarles Send a message via Skype™ to p_quarles Send Message via Jabber to p_quarles
    Reported post
    With respect to the post you reported:

There was no threat against you. The poster was attempting to rebut the logic of your claims by pointing out that some "opportunities" are not as good, worthwhile or moral as others. You may not agree with the poster in question, but it is quite clear to a neutral observer that there was no "threat" against you or your bank account.
    Well, due to the management not caring about this obvious direct threat to me, I will now withdraw from this conversation. I guess some of you are all beyond having a mature debate and have to revert to verbally threatening people. Well, to the liberals out there, enjoy, you have silenced me through threats. To conservatives out there, you might want to consider my example before daring to speak up and exercise your first amendment rights.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Having been a victim of identity theft three times that would have throughly freaked me out had that person said it to me. Especially since hacker people reportedly like linux. You can say that you don't perceive it to be threatening, but i hope you never experience anything that makes comments like those mean something to you.
    "A bill of rights is what the people are entitled to against every government on earth, general or particular, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."- Thomas Jefferson

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Drmgiver View Post
    Well, due to the management not caring about this obvious direct threat to me, I will now withdraw from this conversation. I guess some of you are all beyond having a mature debate and have to revert to verbally threatening people. Well, to the liberals out there, enjoy, you have silenced me through threats. To conservatives out there, you might want to consider my example before daring to speak up and exercise your first amendment rights.
    that looks like its maybe a PM, Private Messaage. IE not for Public forum posting. Sorry you are not happy with the result. but bowing out and saying you will bow out aren't exactly the same thing.
    "A bill of rights is what the people are entitled to against every government on earth, general or particular, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."- Thomas Jefferson

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by hvac3901 View Post
    that looks like its maybe a PM, Private Messaage. IE not for Public forum posting. Sorry you are not happy with the result. but bowing out and saying you will bow out aren't exactly the same thing.
    It is a PM, but I hereby grant the poster retroactive permission to post it.

For the record, I have had my bank card cloned before, and nearly got wiped out. I am aware of the risks of identity theft and bank fraud. My opinion is that the post which DRMgiver is complaining about was making a political point and not a threat. I'm moving this series of posts to the Resolution Center since A) this is grossly off-topic in this thread, and B) the site administrators may have different views on the matter.
    I am aware of all internet traditions. | Getting the best help | Text formatting codes | My last.fm profile
    Should I PM support questions? NO!

Beans

Re: Alleged threat against a member's bank account

This appears to me to be a rather silly exchange.

Drmgiver, if you believe your account is at risk then you should talk to your Bank . There is nothing Ubuntu Forums can do about it.

I do not see an issue for the Admin team to get involved . The moderator concerned gave a good response.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    This appears to me to be a rather silly exchange.

Drmgiver, if you believe your account is at risk then you should talk to your Bank . There is nothing Ubuntu Forums can do about it.

I do not see an issue for the Admin team to get involved . The moderator concerned gave a good response.
    How about perhaps admonishing the poster? I already have spoken with my bank. Oh, and since there is nothing admin is going to do about it, I will take the time to link this discussion back to the original thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Ok, well, due to admins inability to comprehend basic threats, I want to thank you. Yes, thank you, for you have now given me the desire to learn how to do an LFS and create my own distro. I will be removing myself from this community that has wronged me shortly after.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

ps: Shove it up your ***.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Drmgiver View Post
    Ok, well, due to admins inability to comprehend basic threats, I want to thank you. Yes, thank you, for you have now given me the desire to learn how to do an LFS and create my own distro. I will be removing myself from this community that has wronged me shortly after.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

ps: Shove it up your ***.
    This is one of those rare instances where an immediate ban is warranted. Insulting staff because they do not agree with your interpretation of events is inappropriate and will not be tolerated.

EDIT (addition): forum members are welcome to disagree with staff and are welcome to say so, expressing their opinions clearly and directly. No one is allowed to be rude or insulting to anyone in these forums, and I will especially not tolerate insults when directed toward staff. Disagreement and discussion are welcome. Insults are not.
    Last edited by matthew; April 7th, 2008 at 07:15 PM. Reason: added last bit, no other changes
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

It is amazing how some people can create such a fuss about something like this. The OP seems to have had a very long day, a hobby might do the trick.
    Recommended Resources: Ubuntu Linux Resources