Thread: Banned witout notice unfairly my second current account is also abused imho

Hybrid View

Beans

Banned witout notice unfairly my second current account is also abused imho

Hello my old account "emperon" I was using 2005 was banned without any notice for my point unfairly a few months ago.

following to that I started to use my current account. And I opened a thread called "what do you think about forum stuff" that has totally not any negative comments at all following that my ip has been traced !!! back to my emperon link and got warning for the following reasons :

Dear reverseblade,

You have received a warning at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason:
    -------
    you are not "just curious," you have an obvious agenda...at least have the honor to be honest about it

you are not "just curious," you have an obvious agenda...at least have the honor to be honest about it
    -------

Original Post:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4470007
    Quote:
    I personally am "JUST CURIOUS" what other people think about this subject. I think these forums make up a free platform where people can open threads just because they are curious on something as long as they obey the rules and regulations.
    Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
    Ubuntu Forums

-----
    and 2 minutes before

Dear reverseblade,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: probable troll, recently banned, with new account
    -------
    This infraction will put all messages posted by you into a moderation queue, which will require them to be approved by a staff member before they appear in the forums. I'm convinced you are emperon, a user who was banned recently for admitted trolling in the forums. Your two accounts are the only ones to ever use the IP address you are registered under.

If I am wrong, please post in the Resolution Center and we can attempt to find a solution.
    -------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4469842
    Quote:
    Please tell your opinons about Forum Staff
    All the best,
    Ubuntu Forums
    Without any reasons. I am called troll and non honest. And for what reason ?

Beans

Re: Banned witout notice unfairly my second current account is also abused imho

sorry for the typo , can't find a way to edit what I 've written

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

1. As emperon, you were given warning and you freely admitted to posting messages with the intent to rile people up. This behavior, called trolling, is prohibited by the Forum Code of Conduct which you agreed to follow when you signed up for your original account. That account was disabled for this reason.

2. With your new account you started out by posting a thread clearly designed to cause a controversy over your banning. You didn't say that, but you obviously wanted to (again) rile people up, even though you were the one creating the problem by violating the Forum Code of Conduct by creating multiple accounts to circumvent a ban. Your account was not banned or disabled, although that would have been reasonable. Instead, all your posts have been required to be approved by a staff member before appearing in the forums as we attempt to help you understand how and why what you are doing is forbidden. This is the first time you have responded to the action, which was taken four weeks ago, at which time you were invited to post here to discuss the matter.

Since I am the one who issued all of your infractions, I am content to have this post be used merely to assist another Forum Council member to look into the matter and understand the point of view of the staff member who took the action being questioned. Someone else will give a final response when possible.
    Last edited by matthew; April 5th, 2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: additional info and links for staff to read
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Firstly I don't remember I got any warning. even If I do , It is very likely that I missed it. 2ndly your opinions are never facts. It is very wrong even for you to react based on your opinions and assumptions rather than facts. Thirdly I never knew that I have to react immediately. I can wait 4 minutes , 4h , 4 months. That's obviously my decision. Thank your for your opinions but I am not interested to hear your opinions about when I should respond or if I am a troll if you are speaking with the title of forum administrator.

Anyhow Do not waste your time with me and I will not waste my time with you or with this semi-dictatorship governed(imho) forums . please continue to invade my privacy and keep checking my ip. This will be the last time you are seeing it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I would like to add that the original account was reversibly inactivated on January 22, 2008, and this is the first time the matter has been brought up for discussion. The member's posting history is mostly a good one, but trolling behavior is not tolerated. However, had there been any sort of immediate contact or discussion or something resembling an intent to modify posting behavior, the account could/would have been reactivated and all would have gone well.

Instead, what the member demonstrated was something resembling an arrogance or pride in his ability to stir up a crowd. That was why the original account was disabled, in the hopes of forcing a discussion. That didn't happen. Instead the member tried to sneak in a new account and begin again with similar behavior on a different topic.

Alright, I've commented enough.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!