Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Onenote 2007 in wine

Beans

Re: Onenote 2007 in wine

This is my setup if it helps:

Beans

I really can't figure out what's wrong. I have Wine set up identically (although I had msvcp60.dll also set native...tried it both ways). I'm using Wine version 1.1.10. Is that what you have, as well? I'm running Intrepid, everything updated... Maybe I'll remove wine and try a more recent version direct from winehq...

Beans

Got screen clipping, drawing, and ink viewing working thanks to your instructions.

I've been looking for other ways to get the inking working though, and stumbled across a way to trick windows into thinking you have tablet PC edition when you don't:

http://www.wincert.net/forum/lofiver...php?t4277.html

Most of the downloads have to be done on a verified windows PC.

I've been playing around with it, still no luck, but those of you who actually know what you're doing might have some new options to look at.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

cool

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

It won't work. If you look at the windows tablet pc architecture, you will notice wine is missing a critical component - wisptis.exe (Windows Ink Services Platform Tablet Input Subsystem). This is the exe that receives input from raw tablet devices and converts it into thinks inkobj can recognize.

You can install this exe and register it - and it even starts - but it simply won't work. The methods of communication are not the same and there is no way wine could tap into the "raw" input that wisptis needs.

Until someone in wine cares to implement this service (no easy task), using your tablet with onenote is impossible.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jordancolburn View Post
    Got screen clipping, drawing, and ink viewing working thanks to your instructions.
    On which version of wine? I lost all my stuff and now I can't even get this working on new wine versions.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kinst View Post
    On which version of wine? I lost all my stuff and now I can't even get this working on new wine versions.
    I agree, I have tried several different versions of Wine and I cannot even create a new section without it crashing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I think it's great that it even works- this used to be a gamestopper for one of my buddies. You could draw the notes in GIMP and import them as an image, correct? Little bit of an overzealous solution, but it seems that it'll be a year or two before the Tablet PC architecture gets here, anyway.

I'd call this a success story for now.

Beans

ok so i install onenote but it crash's wen i try to to open a new section in a notebook, anybody knows why and how to fix it tnx
    Last edited by GOZES; May 6th, 2010 at 04:32 PM.

Beans

Talking Re: Onenote 2007 in wine

Wow it works!
    For those of you who weren't paying attention to kinsts' post, just add the following dlls as native/builtin in your wine config libraries tab:
    gdiplus
    msxml3
    riched20
    riched32
    rpcrt

Shabam! Works for me running the lastest wine build on OpenSUSE 11.2.
    There is an error message whenever I close one note, but no biggie I guess. Does make me wonder what other bugs are in store for me if I were to actually use it for a while.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast