Thread: Gentoo problems.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Gentoo problems.

I'm not sure if its Hardy beta, and the burner, but I made a live disk of gentoo. I put it on a CD, ok, it wouldn't boot. I made the same thing on a dvd, ok, still no booting. What's the deal? I had just made a copy of openGEU like, 2 hours before that. Should I re-download gentoo and try again?
    fedora core 9
    XBL Gamertag: MDK BlOOdHuNTeR

I'm one of them things they call a right wing conservative gun nut. Nice to meet you.
    PSN: whitefang5412

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Gentoo problems.

Details, please...

MD5 hash OK? What do you see insteaf of the disc booting?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by whitefang5412 View Post
    I'm not sure if its Hardy beta, and the burner, but I made a live disk of gentoo. I put it on a CD, ok, it wouldn't boot. I made the same thing on a dvd, ok, still no booting. What's the deal? I had just made a copy of openGEU like, 2 hours before that. Should I re-download gentoo and try again?
    I downloaded and burnt a LiveCD of Gentoo beta last night and it booted fine (except for an xorg issue I had to resolve). So either your burn was bad (be sure to burn at a slow speed) or the iso was corrupted during download.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by Antman View Post
    I downloaded and burnt a LiveCD of Gentoo beta last night and it booted fine (except for an xorg issue I had to resolve). So either your burn was bad (be sure to burn at a slow speed) or the iso was corrupted during download.
    I burned at the lowest possible. I think I'll just download another ISO.
    fedora core 9
    XBL Gamertag: MDK BlOOdHuNTeR

I'm one of them things they call a right wing conservative gun nut. Nice to meet you.
    PSN: whitefang5412