Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LXDE 0.3 - Lightwght and Fast Desktop Environment (apt repo is provided)

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: LXDE 0.3 - Lightwght and Fast Desktop Environment (apt repo is provided)

That looks good. I'm looking to create a minimal Arch install on my pendrive (for 'maintenance' purposes, yeah, maintenance, that's right...) and this certainly seems very light.
    Website | Blog | The Arch Hurd Project

If you want to ask about something I posted, send a PM, as I don't watch many threads

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

It seems that ubuntu LXDE repo doesn't have LXAppearance (LXDE icon&theme changer) yet.
    I have compiled the tgz to deb with checkinstall, and uploaded to Savefile.com

EDIT:
    Download lxappearance.deb here: http://www.savefile.com/files/1475263
    (Thanks Ender Black for corrected the link.)
    Last edited by RadenMu'az; March 31st, 2008 at 12:16 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

im taking it for a spin now...
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

This may be my new default since it loads much faster then gnome..i'll test it for a week and decide
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by RadenMu'az View Post
    It seems that ubuntu LXDE repo doesn't have LXAppearance (LXDE icon&theme changer) yet.
    I have compiled the tgz to deb with checkinstall, and uploaded to Savefile.com
    Get the deb here
    correct url herehttp://dl1u.savefile.com/3d8a11e5fc1...0.1-1_i386.deb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

actually...I still can't get a window decoration other than the black bar regardless of the theme I select.

One other thing...is there a way to run conky in the LXDE environment?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Ender Black View Post
    Uh... Savefile.com gave 'invalid download session'. Uploaded again.

Download here: http://www.savefile.com/files/1475263
    Last edited by RadenMu'az; March 31st, 2008 at 12:16 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

wow this is by far the best light weight D.E. That I have ever used. Lxbuntu anyone???

Beans

+1 for Luxbuntu.

Beans

this is a awesome DE, the only thing i dislike is that it uses pcmanfm, but its easily changable and not really that bad of a choice its just my personal prefference

But for those who want to test this on a fresh install, install ubuntu server edition

you can do these commands after install to get a fresh system with this DE

sudo apt-get install xorg gdm

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

add deb http://people.linux.org.tw/~pcman/ubuntu/ ./

to the sources.list

ctrl+o to save, then ctrl+x to exit

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install lxde

and this should work! just like any other DE

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast