Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: LXDE 0.3 - Lightwght and Fast Desktop Environment (apt repo is provided)

Beans

Re: LXDE 0.3 - Lightwght and Fast Desktop Environment (apt repo is provided)

I'm curious as to the status of PCManFM. The last release was 0.5, and that was nearly 9 months ago - haven't seen a peep since then. Is there still any development going on, that anyone knows about?

Beans

Take a look at the LXDE planet feed. Not sure about PCManFM specifically...

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Question Re: LXDE 0.3 - Lightwght and Fast Desktop Environment (apt repo is provided)

Hello!

I'm running Intrepid after a command line install with lxde. I can't find any way to add items to the main menu. How do I put things on the menu; edit a file,run some software, etc? And if it's a file I have to edit by hand, what is it, and where is the file?
    Thanks in advance!
    The Doctor: The best thing about a machine that makes sense is you can very easily make it turn out nonsense.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by jw5801 View Post
    I'm curious as to the status of PCManFM. The last release was 0.5, and that was nearly 9 months ago - haven't seen a peep since then. Is there still any development going on, that anyone knows about?
    I dunno. Frankly it's still awesome. Kicks the crap outta thunar, I'll say that much.
    Want me to punchisize your face, For free??

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rolypolycat View Post
    Hello!

I'm running Intrepid after a command line install with lxde. I can't find any way to add items to the main menu. How do I put things on the menu; edit a file,run some software, etc? And if it's a file I have to edit by hand, what is it, and where is the file?
    Thanks in advance!
    lxde is openbox, so the menu is in the file /home/<user>/.config/openbox/menu.xml

you can edit manually or, easily, you can use obmenu to edit it graphically.
    mujeres y hombres de esta tierra
    un otro mundo es posible
    otro mundo diferente
    justo si, y sin miedo de su gente

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by jjgomera View Post
    lxde is openbox, so the menu is in the file /home/<user>/.config/openbox/menu.xml
    That's the Openbox menu of course, which might come up with a right-click to your desktop, depending on what LXDE desktop setting you've chosen. You can tie it to a key in the /home/<user>/.config/openbox/rc.xml file too.

The LXDE main menu which usually sits at the end of lxpanel is harder to edit. One way to add an item is to put a .desktop file in your /home/<user>/.local/share/applications folder (make it if necessary). Have a look at the .desktop files in /usr/share/applications to see what's needed.
    2004 IBM desktop (2.8GHz P4, 512MB RAM)
    Blatant self-advertising: a restaurant, a band and a sort of Japan blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Everything works great except for the fact that I'm unable to run firefox in fullscreen:
    In GNOME, when I hit F11, the menubar, as well as the status and the bookmarks would disappear, leaving only the webpage I was browsing at the time.
    In LXDE, when I do the same, only the status bar disappears.
    Has anyone run into this issue? If so, how did you fix it?
    Thanks.
    Love the DE.
    Satanarchist

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122