Thread: [SOLVED] Almost banned - but I don't know why!

Beans

Unhappy [SOLVED] Almost banned - but I don't know why!

Hi all!

I registered in Ubuntu Forums some time ago to download a file. Now, several month after, I found some threads regarding hardware problems... As I underwent the same problems and found the solution I just wanted to help them.

Unfortunately it seems I do not have permissions to post, open new threads, download post attachments and so on. The only section of the forum I can post is here.

When I try to reply to a message I get the following message:
    Code:
    vBulletin Message

panda84, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
       2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I am not trying to edit other people's post nor trying to post in a closed thread. Have I been banned for some reason that I don't know? (I didn't ever received a private message)

This situation seems strange to me as I didn't ever post in the forums (this is my first post).

Please help me (so I can help the other!).

Beans

Re: Almost banned - but I don't know why!

You are not banned, you simply haven't clicked the link in the email sent to you on registration, to help prove you're not a bot etc.

Probably easiest for you to request a new email. You should be able to do this from the login screen, or if you edit your email address in your user profile you can get it resent automatically with that.
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PriceChild View Post
    You are not banned, you simply haven't clicked the link in the email sent to you on registration, to help prove you're not a bot etc.
    It worked!! Thanks...

I should repeat 100 times:
    Code:
    Turn brain on before thinking!

Beans

Great to hear!

Have fun and play nice
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net