View Poll Results: What do you think is most important to new users?

Voters
593. You may not vote on this poll
  • Office applications

122 20.57%
  • Browsing the web

300 50.59%
  • Playing games

160 26.98%
  • Email

11 1.85%
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Marketing Ubuntu (and Linux)

Beans

Re: Marketing Ubuntu (and Linux)

Quote Originally Posted by ankitmalik View Post
    "Why shouldn't MS "integrate" (whatever that really means) RSS into Windows?
    Hi there! I can at least answer that for you. Micro$oft is already being grilled for integrating Internet Explorer and Media Player into Windows. I don't think their legal position would be strengthened by adding more non-transparent components in competition with third-party developers.
    "A fool works hard to earn his paycheck, but a wise man works hard so he doesn't need one."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Marketing Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by poofyhairguy View Post
    Make an Ubuntu PR site. Really. I would but I'm swamped with the forum. I have a lot of documents to put on there. "spreadubuntu" or whatever. I'll help- make it work with the forums when ready.

Just do it if you want. Make a site designed to help shape perceptions of Ubuntu. I have plenty of ideas about it. And much writing. So....if you can. do it! We will all be thankful.
    For those still interested, the current SpreadUbuntu project can be found at http://spreadubuntu.neomenlo.org/ this website should soon get the official spreadubuntu.com & .org domains.

You are welcome to add your materials there in the mean time, since the site will remain the same through the transition.
    I run an open source inventing website: http://neomenlo.org, which currently is hosting SpreadUbuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Smile Re: Marketing Ubuntu (and Linux)

hi im new in marketing team i think im fit here since i dont know how to code any program or anything else , but what i do know is i can help to fix bug #1
    i know how to pass it on.

from cebu city, philippines

advocates our primary schools, churches and our barangay offices.
    Last edited by Jinxzs; October 24th, 2010 at 01:42 AM.

Beans

Re: Marketing Ubuntu (and Linux)

Browsing the web and having a web browser which is stable and fast, that would be enough to attract new users. Choosing to not include buggy versions of software in Ubuntu will make Ubuntu much better than it has ever been.
    Debian 11 "Bullseye"
    HP Envy 2021 laptop
    Linux user since 1999.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526