Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Point of order

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Point of order

Unless there is something specific that you are referring to, I can't help you here. Let me try another analogy...what you are asking sounds a lot like someone saying to me, back in my teaching days, "I don't like the tone of voice that student_x used with me. Will you go back through all his files and see if he has done his homework properly?"

Vague insinuations of misbehavior are not going to be investigated. If you feel like you have been abused, mistreated, or if you have found a specific instance of something amiss that you would like us to look at, give us a link and we will do so with pleasure.

As much as is possible, we keep an eye on staff, infractions issued, and patterns. There have been no warning signs or problems with p_quarles that any of us have noticed (nor with any other current staff member).
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Unless there is something specific that you are referring to, I can't help you here. Let me try another analogy...what you are asking sounds a lot like someone saying to me, back in my teaching days, "I don't like the tone of voice that student_x used with me. Will you go back through all his files and see if he has done his homework properly?"

Vague insinuations of misbehavior are not going to be investigated. If you feel like you have been abused, mistreated, or if you have found a specific instance of something amiss that you would like us to look at, give us a link and we will do so with pleasure.

As much as is possible, we keep an eye on staff, infractions issued, and patterns. There have been no warning signs or problems with p_quarles that any of us have noticed (nor with any other current staff member).

That's good. Now that I and others in this forum have brought the matter of p_quarles's moderating behavior to your attention, you and the other Admins will keep him on your active radar.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrate View Post
    That's good. Now that I and others in this forum have brought the matter of p_quarles's moderating behavior to your attention, you and the other Admins will keep him on your active radar.
    I'm not sure what the deal is here. I just got done telling you that we will change nothing about how we deal with any of our staff members based on unsupported comments and innuendo. He won't be any more or less "on our radar" than usual.

If you have a specific matter or incident to discuss, with links, we are prepared to do so.

We will not discuss any member of the staff otherwise. At the moment, this is looking more like a witch hunt than a complaint. I guess I'm saying that it is time to present evidence, or be quiet and stop wasting my time and demeaning any staff member.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    I'm not sure what the deal is here. I just got done telling you that we will change nothing about how we deal with any of our staff members based on unsupported comments and innuendo. He won't be any more or less "on our radar" than usual.

If you have a specific matter or incident to discuss, with links, we are prepared to do so.

We will not discuss any member of the staff otherwise. At the moment, this is looking more like a witch hunt than a complaint. I guess I'm saying that it is time to present evidence, or be quiet and stop wasting my time and demeaning any staff member.
    +1 I am going with Matthew's opinion on this.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

I agree with the other Forum Council Members.

Making unsubstantiated accusations is rude and very unhelpful. It is also unfair to those concerned.
    This account is not active.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123