View Poll Results: What is your favorite feature request for Phatch 0.2?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • external actions

10 45.45%
  • live preview

9 40.91%
  • full layer support

10 45.45%
  • changing exif & iptc values

9 40.91%
  • other

2 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phatch 0.2 (Photo Batch Processor): Vote for new features!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Phatch 0.2 (Photo Batch Processor): Vote for new features!

Thanks for the info. I am sure I am not the best judge, as I just started using it this morning. I do think this will be a great program. I like the idea that if I have a lot of pictures and need to do the same thing to them I can do it quickly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Phatch looks interesting indeed!

I posted two wishlist items of my own as launchpad "Wishlist" bugs: GPS data integration for localisation tagging of photos + RAW processing.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/phatch/+bug/203495
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/phatch/+bug/203497

If someone likes the sound of those - feel free to draft up blueprints!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by stani View Post
    For that feature someone gives the dummy image he wants and Phatch generates previews for all the actions, which could be displayed from then on when choosing an action.
    Actually, that is what I meant: the result still needs to be generated. But with a standard image (low quality, small size, ...), it can be processed faster.
    I'm not sure if it's needed that the user has to select a picture himself. Imagine someone choosing a hi-res >4MB picture...

Beans
    Distro

Lightbulb Re: Phatch 0.2 (Photo Batch Processor): Vote for new features!

i think true way to better your application - create image gallery

Beans

I have a small wish list that I'd like to see implemented in phatch / stand alone CLI program:

• Support for writing text metadata info to PNG files (to be applied to all PNG pictures in a batch and / or individual PNG pictures)
    • Compressing a batch of PNG pictures so they consume less file size (no loss in quality) - much like pngcrush (as found in the ubuntu repos)

It's quite odd that there are programs to extract the metadata information from a PNG, but no programs exist that allow me to add text comments into PNG images.

I love your program phatch very much <3
    Work smart, not hard.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Rhubarb View Post
    I have a small wish list that I'd like to see implemented in phatch / stand alone CLI program:

• Support for writing text metadata info to PNG files (to be applied to all PNG pictures in a batch and / or individual PNG pictures)
    • Compressing a batch of PNG pictures so they consume less file size (no loss in quality) - much like pngcrush (as found in the ubuntu repos)
    For the first wish you can vote on "changing exif & iptc values". For the second wish you should vote on "external actions" so Phatch can call pngcrush. I am wondering if you put in Phatch the compression level for PNG to the maximum, you get similar results as pngcrush. Can you give me some example data (about size) between Phatch and pngcrush?
    It's quite odd that there are programs to extract the metadata information from a PNG, but no programs exist that allow me to add text comments into PNG images.

I love your program phatch very much <3
    The exif library which Phatch uses, already permits writing metadata. So it is more matter of implementing the user interface and adapting Phatch's data model to it. Anyone who is familiar with python could help implementing it.

Beans

Oops, I'm an idiot, I had already voted (voted for other), and I just discovered pngcrush can add text based metadata to PNG files anyhow (have a look at the man page for pngcrush).

That, and I didn't realise that phatch could increase the compression level upon saving.

I've just tested file size difference between phatch and pngcrush (for a 3586x2496 photo at 8 bits per channel):
    phatch: 11.3MB
    pngcrush: 10.9MB

The command line used for pngcrush was: pngcrush original.png pngcrushed.png
    I was using phatch 0.1.3

I will endeavour to learn some python myself soon - so I may be able to help you out in a month or so.

Edit: It seems pngcrush won't save text comments for me, for info I used: pngcrush -text b "Description:" "This is the description" original.png metadata-ised.png
    (There's a handy CLI tool called pngmeta to extract meta information from PNG files.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rhubarb; April 7th, 2008 at 04:20 PM.
    Work smart, not hard.

Beans
    Distro

I would not recommend using phatch as a filename. Rather use:
    Code:
    <filename>_phatch
    Otherwise a your images will be saved with the same name, so you end up with one image per folder.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Lightbulb Re: Phatch 0.2 (Photo Batch Processor): Vote for new features!

Hello All,

While you are thinking of Phatch 0.2 Features...

Prepare for a look at a Phatch Screenshot Tour for version 0.1.3 on the Phatch Wiki.

An initial Tour is Scheduled for Monday, April 14th at 06:00pm.

This will give you an overview of the current stable interface, a writeup on some of the features, and help you decide what direction to lobby for Phatch to take for 0.2.

A detailed Screenshot Tour is scheduled for Friday, April 18th, 2008 @ 06:00pm (14:00) PST.

I will mirror it on xubuntupals.ning.com, where you can drop by, join into the network, and actively post in the Phatch Discussion on the Screenshot Tour, and ask questions that I will be there for to answer in Real Time. This event will last from 06:00pm (14:00) PST until 10:00pm (18:00) PST.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12