Thread: Help with MSN

Beans

Help with MSN

Hello, All of you around the world. First, excuse me because my object is hole different yours. I have a big problem, I am venezuelan, and I don't read or write english so well. I'll be so happy if you are able to answer me in spanish.

This is my real problem: One year ago I boubht a Lenovo PC 3000 C200. It came with Windows XP Operative System. Several months later I changed absolutely the original operative system (XP windows) and installed Ubuntu 6.04 version only. I said "good bye for ever" to Windows all versions. At this moment updating I have Ubuntu 7.10 version. But I can't use MSN because I don't have linux drivers to install it. I don't know where and how to find it or down load and install it. I'm looking for help. Can you help me please?

If you are able to help me, please write to my personal e mail <nelsonmirabal18@hotmail.com> . English is so hard for me. It is difficult to read this page, but I try. That is the reason because I prefer you write in spanish

Sincerily Thank you a lot,
    Nelson José Mirabal

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Help with MSN

Hello, thread moved to "Absolute Beginner Talk ".
    You may want to check with the Venezuela Team sub-forum, Spanish speaking there.

Edit: moved to the Venezuela Team on second thought
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Use "Pidgin internet messenger" to access MSN.
    Its installed by default with ubuntu 7.10

applications\internet\pidgin internet messenger

Peace

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

A neljomira: No había visto este tema ya que hacía tiempo que no me paseaba por el foro de Venezuela. Usar el protocolo de MSN es muy sencillo en Ubuntu, en realidad. Simplemente abre una terminal y ejecuta:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install pidgin
    O si prefieres instalarlo por la interfaz gráfica, ve a "Sistema > Administración" y abre synaptic. luego le das al botón "recargar" y luego "buscar" y escribes "pidgin" luego lo seleccionas para instalar. Una vez instalado, lo puedes encontrar en "Aplicaciones > Internet".

Saludos, y espero que te funcione.

P.D.: Este sub-foro no es muy activo. Yo te recomendaría que te registraras en: http://www.ubuntu-ve.org/forum