Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tutorials on Forum Basics

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: How do I mark my thread as solved?

as per this thread, that feature is disabled.
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.

Beans

Re: How do I make a new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu View Post
    Once you've in the subforum you want to post in (Absolute Beginner, for example), click Make New Post to start a new thread for your problem.

Once you do that, you'll be able to create a thread title for your thread. Please pick one that actually gives an indication to others of what your thread is about. Avoid vague attention-seeking titles like Please help! I'm pulling my hair out! or If this is the kind of problem Ubuntu is going to give me, I'm going back to Windows or Help! I'm a noob. Urgent!

If it's a sound problem, say it's a sound problem. If it's a CD burning problem, say it's a CD burning problem.

Once you type your thread title and hit Tab, the forum will automatically search for threads on a similar topic. The idea is that many "new" questions have actually been asked and solved before. You can save yourself (and others) a lot of time and energy by just seeing if the answer might be out there for you, so feel free to middle-click these search results and see if any of them help. If they don't, continue to type your initial thread post.

In your thread's first post, please explain briefly your situation, what you've tried, and any other information that may be helpful to people who are not standing right behind you looking at your computer monitor.
    Thank you.

Beans

Re: How do I make a new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu View Post
    Once you've in the subforum you want to post in (Absolute Beginner, for example), click Make New Post to start a new thread for your problem.

Once you do that, you'll be able to create a thread title for your thread. Please pick one that actually gives an indication to others of what your thread is about. Avoid vague attention-seeking titles like Please help! I'm pulling my hair out! or If this is the kind of problem Ubuntu is going to give me, I'm going back to Windows or Help! I'm a noob. Urgent!

If it's a sound problem, say it's a sound problem. If it's a CD burning problem, say it's a CD burning problem.

Once you type your thread title and hit Tab, the forum will automatically search for threads on a similar topic. The idea is that many "new" questions have actually been asked and solved before. You can save yourself (and others) a lot of time and energy by just seeing if the answer might be out there for you, so feel free to middle-click these search results and see if any of them help. If they don't, continue to type your initial thread post.

In your thread's first post, please explain briefly your situation, what you've tried, and any other information that may be helpful to people who are not standing right behind you looking at your computer monitor.
    I said "thank you" before I checked it out. Oops. Well, I cannot find the page for the 'subforums' with the "make new post" link, but I did find the page with a link to start a new thread. I presume they are one and the same thing. If not, please direct me to the subforum page. In fact, please tell me where the subforum page is so I will know anyway. Thanks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456