Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "CrossOver Games" is coming!!!

Beans

"CrossOver Games" is coming? No, it's here!!! :-D

When the soon to be released version 7 of CrossOver(Linux or Mac) is released there is going to be a new version called CrossOver Games, which will be updated very often, compared to the standard CrossOver which goes for lengthy periods without an update.

This is really good news for gamers that want to run Windows games on Linux or Mac, as the code updates will be made available quickly for gamers to benefit from.

CrossOver has great support in it's forums, which also have a great attitude & a high level of developer presence.

Codeweavers, the company that makes CrossOver are the number one supporters of Wine, & most all of the Direct3D improvements to Wine over the last few months have come from Stefan Dosinger, who has made Guild Wars a wonder to view & play using DX9 in the new version 7. =D>

Here is a link to the Codeweavers site, just be aware that the supported games & applications will change for the better when the new version 7 of CrossOver is released.

[Edit:] CrossOver Games is released, $39.95 includes a 12 month subscription, read about it here.
    Last edited by handy; March 27th, 2008 at 04:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: "CrossOver Games" is coming!!!

Very good news. Could you please post where you got this info?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mikedep333 View Post
    Very good news. Could you please post where you got this info?
    I have been using/testing CrossOver Games beta today on my Mac to play Guild Wars, it will be available for both Linux & Mac real soon, I can't give you a date because I don't think the dev's know themselves, they keep making it better, which takes longer...

This is not hearsay or vapor-ware, this is real.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

If this is true, then I might reconsider getting Wine X/Cedega.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

perhaps a little competition is the kickstart we need. cedega seems to became a bit...well...dead and wine has enough to try to support without having to fix a bunch of games each update...who knows maybe it will work out.

im all for extra video game support

Beans

cool, great for newcommers
    HOME BUILT SYSTEM! http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/22804/ Please vote up!
    remember kiddies: sudo rm -rf= BAD!, if someone tells you to do this, please ignore them unless YOU WANT YOUR SYSTEM WIPED

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

ooh can't wait to play Warcraft and Counter Strike on it!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GSZX1337 View Post
    If this is true, then I might reconsider getting Wine X/Cedega.
    Why would you want that when crossover games is comming, it will be a lot better.

Beans

I was not aware of how much work (all? that's the beauty of gpl) from codeweavers that goes back into wine. Well, now I'm a proud owner of crossover standard edition $39 isn't really that much.
    Donation links
    Free hardware
    Petition for free drivers
    If every forum member donated $1 to FSF, they would almost double their income

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by olejorgen View Post
    I was not aware of how much work (all? that's the beauty of gpl) from codeweavers that goes back into wine. Well, now I'm a proud owner of crossover standard edition $39 isn't really that much.
    yea I unfortunately bought into the cedega hype and purchased it. I still have yet to find a game that actually runs better on it then wine from my personal collection of games.

lets just hope crossover holds true on their word and makes a great product because word of mouth is going to make or break it for people like me that have been burned in the past.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast