Thread: Gparted, don't scare me like that!

Beans
    Hidden!

Gparted, don't scare me like that!

I've been unable to get my games running under WINE (I have very old hardware) and thought "Ah, to hell with it all" and deleted my windows partition - though I saved my wine partition for when I get better hardware.

Gparted crashed while resizing the Kubuntu partition.

That was a real "Oh god, what on Earth am I going to do if it doesn't work??" moment. But I rebooted and it all seems working - I'm just resizing it again. If it all works, I'll be a happy bunny.

In fact, since I am now using ONLY Linux, I may as well reformat my shared harddrive as ext3...
    Website | Blog | The Arch Hurd Project

If you want to ask about something I posted, send a PM, as I don't watch many threads

Beans

Re: Gparted, don't scare me like that!

If you do have a partitioning problem, you can use testdisk to restore the lost partitions.

It is good, but it isn't a miracle worker. I have used it to restore data that was thought to be lost to the...cyber fairies.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Gparted, don't scare me like that!

Panic is over, everything is working fine. Now to reformat my shared drive to ext3, and get rid of that awful fat32 filesystem...
    Website | Blog | The Arch Hurd Project

If you want to ask about something I posted, send a PM, as I don't watch many threads