Thread: A Nautilus plugin idea...

Beans

A Nautilus plugin idea...

I mean, if KDE can do it, why can't Nautilus see what pictures are being uploaded if you post one on a forum or something?

And I mean see them, as in a thumbnail. You get those normally if your just browsing around in the Nautilus File Manager, but when a website asks you to upload a picture you get no thumbnails, just a enormous list - then you have to go to Places -> Pictures to see what you want and... augh...

Or did I just miss something? I've been on Ubuntu since 5.04 (Breezy was it?) and I've just noticed that it's a pain in the butt.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: A Nautilus plugin idea...

As I've understood the situation the problem is that while GTK has support for picture preview in the file selection dialog, it's up to programmers of every application to use that feature. And as Firefox developers don't use it, we get no picture preview in Firefox..

(Nautilus has nothing to do with this)

Beans

Firefox 3 in Hardy has this feature.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 23meg View Post
    Same goes for Epiphany.

GtkFileChoosers don't by default have a preview widget, so they have to be added manually. This is because some programs shouldn't preview certain types of file (such as GIMP not opening videos).
    A Fedora user

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 23meg View Post
    That's actually awesome to know. Gives me a reason to upgrade, even if it is a small one...