Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Posting Homework Problems

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Posting Homework Problems

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    Maybe we should have a "Homework Hall of Shame", we just got two posts within minutes of each other!
    Was this ever set up? Would be worth a laugh. But might go againsts the coc heheh

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by drubin View Post
    Was this ever set up? Would be worth a laugh. But might go againsts the coc heheh
    I don't think so, but I don't think it would be against the CoC.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    I don't think so, but I don't think it would be against the CoC.
    Then I really think we should do it. if only to give the people that help these /home work trolls/ something to laugh about.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by drubin View Post
    Then I really think we should do it. if only to give the people that help these /home work trolls/ something to laugh about.
    We could put them in the OP of this thread for examples.

If anyone finds them, put the link here

Beans

i don't think you should do that. Just ignore the post if you think its homework.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdog74 View Post
    i don't think you should do that. Just ignore the post if you think its homework.
    I am a moderator, and it is not my job to ignore violations of the Code of Conduct. I recommend anyone else to not post, but to report, violations of the Code of Conduct.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

If only we had this "web 2.0" as folks call it back when I was doing CS-related homework. In my day we had to post to USENET for our homework, not to mention walk 9 miles uphill barefoot in a blizzard to the public library to use the computers....

But seriously, nowadays any possible homework assignment involving programming is solvable with a simple google query. Don't junk up the forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by module0000 View Post
    If only we had this "web 2.0" as folks call it back when I was doing CS-related homework. In my day we had to post to USENET for our homework, not to mention walk 9 miles uphill barefoot in a blizzard to the public library to use the computers....

But seriously, nowadays any possible homework assignment involving programming is solvable with a simple google query. Don't junk up the forum.
    That's not all true, at the moment i have 99.99% completed my assignment it will run through once perfectly fine, but once i add a for(i=0;i<10000;++i) it crashes, how would googling solve it?
    In this case I doubt it would, and forums are a perfect place to get a fresh brain to look at code you have been staring at for 48+ hours and can't see the problem. Many times in class I have had people some even more advanced at coding than me ask me to look at code and within a couple seconds i can see a syntax error or logic error that they could not see after doing all the work and staring at the problem for 3+ hours.

for(i=1;i==1;i+i-i)
    cout << "^G nothing to see here";

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Garratt View Post
    That's not all true, at the moment i have 99.99% completed my assignment it will run through once perfectly fine, but once i add a for(i=0;i<10000;++i) it crashes, how would googling solve it?
    That's not really what we're talking about here. That is a valid post, because you have done most of the work and you have a specific problem. Homework-related questions aren't forbidden, asking the forum to do your homework is.
    Help yourself: Search the community docs or try other resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Spencer
    Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
    Let science use your computer when you aren't: Folding@Home.

Beans

n.m
    Last edited by SubNetMask; April 5th, 2009 at 11:22 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast