View Poll Results: Please Select Option which is applicable for you.

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use laptop provide default bag.

10 12.66%
  • I have a Targus bag.

19 24.05%
  • I have a Tom Bihn bag.

1 1.27%
  • I have a Case Logic bag.

4 5.06%
  • I have a Skooba bag.

0 0%
  • I have OGIO bag.

6 7.59%
  • I have Crumpler bag.

2 2.53%
  • I have Pakuma bag.

0 0%
  • It is Messenger bag.

13 16.46%
  • It is a BackPack.

34 43.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your laptop bag, how you have ended with buying it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

What is your laptop bag, how you have ended with buying it?

Hello everyone.
    I am looking to buy a laptop bag, probably I will look at Ubuntu Ogio Messenger Bag
    https://shop.canonical.com/product_i...roducts_id=123

What I want from my laptop bag is as follow: It can well protect my laptop and an external hard disk plus usual additional accessories, it should be light weight, It should have a very ergonomic design as I have no extra powerful muscles and a well ergonomic design can help very much.

If you have a laptop bag specially a messenger laptop bag please share your experience with me.

let me know how you ended buying that specific bag and to what degree you are satisfied with it.

fedex1993 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: What is your laptop bag, how you have ended with buying it?

well right now i have laptop backback that works well with school but i am thinking about getting a ogio street city for my spring brake trip new bag

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Im surprised you didn't get one with you lappy. Oh well. I just got a stock bag with my thinkpad (cheap padded thing).

How much do you wanna spend? I havent got one of these, (man do I want one!!!!) but i can testify for the quality of Amberg stuff.

EDIT: i just realized my suggestion didn't actually meet any of your criteria .... teehee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I had some messenger bag for my laptop. I hated it because my 15" laptop weight was killing my shoulders with this bag. I can't understand why someone would use a messenger bag for a laptop. When i wore one, it was constantly bumping because of my legs, and bumping is not good for a laptop.
    Now i have a laptop backpack from CaseLogic - it's very comfortable, easy on the back (in contrast to a messenger bag), and you wouldn't believe a 15" laptop fits inside. And it's not bumping on my back all the time like the previous one.
    make install - not war!

Oh hai!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have a pretty nice Targus backpack for my laptop. I'm a student so this lets me carry my laptop along with my books/pens/pencils/etc... All on my back so it is nice and easy to carry. I highly recommend it.

-Richard
    I use both Windows and Linux. Is that a crime? || Ubuntu User # 16597

Beans

I have a Targus laptop bag, very dark blue + black in color, made for a 14" laptop as I used to have one, but I got my 15.4" to fit by ripping the sleeve (what? It worked. That's all I care about.)
    Technically, it's not a messenger bag, but I carry it as one anyway...

Beans

I have this sucker:
    http://www.dealtree.com/cart/select_...48416&view.htm

It's really padded so I could throw it and not worry. I can jam a power cable in if I need it (into the side) but I get 4 hours so I usually just put papers there. I have the 15.4 model and a 13.3 laptop so it gives a bit of inside room if I ever get a small external hdd.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I have a Targus Messenger bag, it's big, comfy and you wouldn't believe all the stuff you can put in it.
    I also have a backpack the advantage is that you don't get tired of wearing it all on a single shoulder and you don't have bend due the weight, and I don't mean the bag weight but the laptop and the external HHD, and all of the other stuff.
    The targus messenger bag weighs about 2.5-3 pounds. The backpack is a cheap one, but I have a laptop sleeve that protects it when on it.

So, messenger= style; backpack= good posture, no bursitis and you'll feel lighter.
    Hope this may have helped you.
    Lenovo Ideapad Y530
    Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.00GHz
    4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz
    Intel Integrated Graphics X4500

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PurposeOfReason View Post
    I have this sucker:
    http://www.dealtree.com/cart/select_...48416&view.htm

It's really padded so I could throw it and not worry. I can jam a power cable in if I need it (into the side) but I get 4 hours so I usually just put papers there. I have the 15.4 model and a 13.3 laptop so it gives a bit of inside room if I ever get a small external hdd.
    What type of battery do you have? My laptop battery can barely get two hours, though I think it has degraded over the past 8 months.
    The moon will illuminate my room and soon I'm consumed by my doom.

Beans

I have a timbuk2 bag I got for a graduation present that I love. It holds my 15.4" wide screen notebook perfect along with all the books etc. I need. I toss mine around a lot and it hardly even has a spec of dirt on it. On their website you can completly customize them as far as colors, fabrics, accessories and pretty much everything. I would definetly check them out, not really cheap but totally worth it in my opinion.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast