Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone in Jacksonville

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Anyone in Jacksonville

<---- medical student here interested in seeing one of your presentations. I've already signed up on your mailing list. Been using Ubuntu now for over a year, but not really that knowledgeable about Linux in general. Do I just show up to your meetings or do I need an invite? Thanks.

Beans

I'm in Jacksonville. I go to FCCJ downtown campus, and have had my fair share of classes at kent. I'm currently taking a class at downtown an we're covering Ubuntu 7.10, but its mainly terminal, shell, kernal stuff, which I'm extremely anticipating every class.

Never attended a show, but I'm planning on DefCon for next year and hopefully make my way around to some local shows. Didn't think there were this many in Jacksonville.

Edit:
    Oh yeah, signed up for the mailing list, also.

Beans

I'm also in Jacksonville and attending FCCJ Downtown and South Campus. Majoring in Database Technology. Witnessed Kevin Johnsons presentation last tuesday for the JaxLug meeting, it was awesome! I highly recommend going to the Jaxlug meetings when you can.
    I run ubuntu 8.10 on my main machine which serves as a gateway firewall for the wireless and the internal network. Debian on a couple servers ,but I'm thinking about switching to ubuntu server for that as well.

Beans

Hope we see all of you at the Florida Linux Show in March! http://www.floridalinuxshow.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'm in Jax as well. Haven't made it out to a LUG meeting yet but if you need help feel free to ask. Not an expert but I work in software and have been on Ubuntu for around 2 years now.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by genesis2seven View Post
    I'm in Jax as well. Haven't made it out to a LUG meeting yet but if you need help feel free to ask. Not an expert but I work in software and have been on Ubuntu for around 2 years now.
    Awesome. Hope to see you out at the Florida Linux Show as well. Several of us will be meeting up Sunday night before the show as a sort of meet & greet. Everyone is welcome to join us. More details will be available on the wiki as we get closer to show day.

dan

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Anyone in Jacksonville

Count me among the Jax crew! VERY new to LINUX, but VERY not-new to PC. Plan on seeing "huh?" posts from me as I muddle through my tri-boot setup (Ubuntu 9.10, W98SE, XP-PRO SP3). Hey, what's the point of being a geek if you can't make other geeks wonder "why would you do that, anyway?"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mickcc2001 View Post
    Count me among the Jax crew! VERY new to LINUX, but VERY not-new to PC. Plan on seeing "huh?" posts from me as I muddle through my tri-boot setup (Ubuntu 9.10, W98SE, XP-PRO SP3). Hey, what's the point of being a geek if you can't make other geeks wonder "why would you do that, anyway?"
    It would be great to get things started again in Jacksonville. We do have a couple of great members that live up that way! It would really cool in 2010 for the LoCo Participation State-wide to increase!

Chris Crisafulli
    Florida Team Ubuntu LoCo
    itnet7/#ubuntu-us-fl -- irc.freenode.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12