Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pittsburgh Hardy Heron Party?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Pittsburgh Hardy Heron Party?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman420 View Post
    NightwishFan do what you want to do, college is expensive and over-rated but can be rewarding as far as education and social interaction go, everything you learn in college you can learn in real life but not vice-versa, I speak from experience. Dark we are the 2 time reigning billiards champions! Hell Yeah! Your bro, pops, and girl were all real nice, that Mac pro was sick!.!
    Nightwishfan: College is important only to get that piece of paper. Also, it can help you grow as an individual. Really there probably wont be alot of "computer" learning that can be taught to somebody who obviously knows what they're doing (looking at your thanks). We appreciated how far you had come to see everybody.

Aqua: I appreciate you're showing up early to help us keep those tables. that helped out the whole party. You and your friend were cool and a welcome addition to our community.

Beans

I thought the party was a great success and hope you guys get a substantial group in the Pittsburgh area. As I mentioned, though there is a group (WPLUG?), I am not a fan of charging people to share info. Also, with all due respect for the other fine distros of Linux, there is no law against an exclusively Ubuntu group.

I would make sure all understand it is to share info, not hit on girls and not to be a podium for politics, spirituality etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Josh' did a great job and everyone was great (must be something in the water..err I mean OS)!

Beans

Yeah it was fun, can't wait for the next one. I need to get a shirt I don't feel geeky enough wearing something generic. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Beans

Sorry to double post but does this look familiar?

This is coming from the new google earth its worth looking it with all the new features.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Hello westerners,

Our old 'Official Disk' contact has relocated to another part of the state.

We are in need of a Pittsburgh area and Erie area contact to send your allotment of disks.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/Disks

The candidates should have involvement with LUGs and/or general user groups so that there is a basic network to distribute the cd's already in place.

Any interested candidates should email me at : jedijf at yahoo dot com.

Please include any affiliations you have and a mailing address. If many are received we will vote at an irc meeting for each area's representative.

Let's get these disks out to the public !!

Jim Fisher (Jedijf)
    irc - freenode #ubuntu-us-pa
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
    -- Jedi Master Yoda

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by NightwishFan View Post
    Sorry to double post but does this look familiar?

This is coming from the new google earth its worth looking it with all the new features.
    Wow i had to check that out and i now have it on my desktop and laptop. very nice

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567