Thread: Google Captcha

Beans

Google Captcha

I got this the other day:
    http://google.com/sorry/

Anybody else got it?

I searched for "Du pont".

Could this be because of my TMN firefox extention?

I haven't seen it since, just curios if anybody else got it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Google Captcha

Ive seen this before with other search terms.
    "A fool works hard to earn his paycheck, but a wise man works hard so he doesn't need one."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Are you surfing through an anonymity network like TOR? This could also be the reason.
    Recommended Resources: Ubuntu Linux Resources

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

i've seen it happen a few times myself.

it's nothing to do with TOR. Google scans search requests and if there is a large number of requests going to a specific site via google it automatically sticks in that warning page (incase of a Google Bomb) or what ever it's called to hype up a sites standings on the lists.
    Laters...
    Sol
    "Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere" User numbers: Ubuntu 23772 Linux 477911

Beans

I've seen it too. I was searching for something Final Fantasy XI map-related, and since Gold/Gil-Farmers run massive searches on Google all the time, many searches get flagged.
    The views expressed in this post belong to Tristam Green and do not represent the views of any other entity, foreign or domestic, as long as you both shall live, Amen.
    OMG! Cheesecake! | Fuduntu - catch the fever!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

How is it, then, that it always takes *at least* 2 tries to get the CAPTCHA right on Blogger (owned by Google) when I'm an actual human? I swear, I type what it says, and it tells me I'm wrong. Today it had me try 5 times then it just took the darned textbox away! If humans that can actual read the text can't do it, how are computers doing it?

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This happens to me when I'm online during the night. Since many people leave bots on at night (at least it makes sense to)