Thread: Hello Paul From Milwaukee

Beans

Hello Paul From Milwaukee

Hello one and all, I have just started using Ubuntu 7.10(good bye *******) and love it I've just completed my first project a cd label for ubuntu very basic thou also I am thinking about setting up a co-op for folks that need desktops or laptops one or the other are there any
    other members in the Milwaukee area?

Paul

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Hello Paul From Milwaukee

Hi Paul,

I live in the New Berlin area. I have one PC running ubuntu 7.10 (I let my 4 yo son play on that with no worry that he is going to mess up the machine). But it's running on really old hardware. I need to build a new PC and when I do, it will be running Ubuntu. Send me a PM with what you are interested in doing in the Milw area.

Dave.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by musiclvr66 View Post
    Hi Paul,

I live in the New Berlin area. I have one PC running ubuntu 7.10 (I let my 4 yo son play on that with no worry that he is going to mess up the machine). But it's running on really old hardware. I need to build a new PC and when I do, it will be running Ubuntu. Send me a PM with what you are interested in doing in the Milw area.

Dave.
    Hello Dave:

right now my interests are in helping ppl in the Milwaukee area that cant afford a laptop or desktop to get one with Ubuntu Installed also i might try and start a user group here it while there is a WI Loco it seems that its not very active learning html very slowly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Welcome Paul!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by pvalley1967 View Post
    Hello Dave:

right now my interests are in helping ppl in the Milwaukee area that cant afford a laptop or desktop to get one with Ubuntu Installed also i might try and start a user group here it while there is a WI Loco it seems that its not very active learning html very slowly
    If you need any HTML help feel free to post any questions you have here.

Cheers, and welcome.

Beans

Ekonomik:

well yes I do have A Question about Html/css and that is when using css can you rename the css? instead of main.css could it bee main2.css? as long as its reflected in the html?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by pvalley1967 View Post
    Hello Dave:

I would be interested in helping you with getting computers, with Ubuntu Installed into the hands of those who can not afford a computer. Let me know what you have done so far and what help you need.

As for your HTML and CSS question, you can pretty much name the CSS file what ever you want. For example, if you have a CSS file called myfile.css, in your html, you would code:

<head>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
    href="mystyle.css" />
    </head>

Dave.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

As musiclvr66 stated, you can name the file anything of your wildest dreams.

Beans

Ok thanks