Thread: gotoxy and step by step compilation

Beans

gotoxy and step by step compilation

1)is this function gotoxy available in ubuntu to program in c.if so please mention the header file also.

2)In turbo c, we use F7 for step by step compilation apart from direct compilation by pressing Alt+F9.i want to know what is the alternative for this F7 function in C

Thanx in advance

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: gotoxy and step by step compilation

1. what is gotoxy?
    2. what is step by step compilation?
    I am infallible, you should know that by now.
    "My favorite language is call STAR. It's extremely concise. It has exactly one verb '*', which does exactly what I want at the moment." --Larry Wall
    (02:15:31 PM) ***TimToady and snake oil go way back...
    42 lines of Perl - SHI - Home Site

Beans

I don't know what gotxy is, but it sounds like something that would be in NCurses.

I don't know what step by step compilation is, do you mean a debugger?

Beans

ok i'll make it more clear

1) gotoxy(x,y) is an inbuilt function in C( i am talking about the situation where i am using turbo c in Windows, not in Linux).this function is particularly useful in displaying the output at a specific coordinates on the screen, where x and y are the parameters passed(they r the coordinates).so it basically displayes your output on that portion of the screen.
    what i am looking for is a similar code which functions in linux, or if this function is already available then i want the header file.

2)yea basically i was implying upon step by step debugger, sorry i spelled it wron previously.in turbo c we use F7, i want to know the similar version of F7 in linux

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by phanther View Post
    ok i'll make it more clear

1) gotoxy(x,y) is an inbuilt function in C( i am talking about the situation where i am using turbo c in Windows, not in Linux).this function is particularly useful in displaying the output at a specific coordinates on the screen, where x and y are the parameters passed(they r the coordinates).so it basically displayes your output on that portion of the screen.
    what i am looking for is a similar code which functions in linux, or if this function is already available then i want the header file.

2)yea basically i was implying upon step by step debugger, sorry i spelled it wron previously.in turbo c we use F7, i want to know the similar version of F7 in linux
    See NCurses, http://laroza.pbwiki.com/Specific

See: gdb

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

going to add to laroza's post, for a graphical debugger, there is ddd (it uses gdb as backend).
    I am infallible, you should know that by now.
    "My favorite language is call STAR. It's extremely concise. It has exactly one verb '*', which does exactly what I want at the moment." --Larry Wall
    (02:15:31 PM) ***TimToady and snake oil go way back...
    42 lines of Perl - SHI - Home Site

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by slavik View Post
    going to add to laroza's post, for a graphical debugger, there is ddd (it uses gdb as backend).
    Thanks, I am not very familiar with gdb.

Beans

there is also http://www.kdbg.org/ .. some prefer it even though they use gnome