Thread: Open Arena trouble

Beans

Open Arena trouble

Ok, I am trying to install Open Arena 0.7.0 but I cant figure out how. I switched to Ubuntu in October '07, so I am not entirely new to Linux. I downloaded the game, and looked through the forums to answer my problem but none really helped. do I need WINE to install it due to the .exe? or can I compile it into in Linux somehow to install? I looked but could not find a Debian installer either so if anyone knows where I could get one it would probably solve my issue. Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Open Arena trouble

It's in the universe repo. In a terminal type:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install openarena

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

But...

the Universe repo has the old (0.6.0) version, and he probably wants the latest (0.7.1).

http://www.getdeb.net/app.php?name=openarena would be the best place to get a current package. You need both the openarena and openarena-data packages to play the client; you don't need openarena-server unless you want to run a dedicated server.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

The backports repo also has 0.7.1. You can enable that through synaptic -> settings -> repositories -> updates -> check unsupported updates.
    Last edited by aidanr; February 19th, 2008 at 05:14 AM.

Beans

ok, so now that i have the open-arena file and open-arena-data do I run the debian file and it compiles the game from the data file?

never mind, got it installed. now when i play the single player it crashes most of the time. i think the patch might help this issue though, where do i install the patch to?
    Last edited by Teddy Picker; February 20th, 2008 at 02:34 AM.