Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dvico FusionRemote in MythBuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Dvico FusionRemote in MythBuntu

Hi Guys,
    Having issues getting my remote working. Tuner card is Dvico Dual Digital 4. I've tried following:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-616103.html
    But i get an error attempting to run the first CVS command (not due to the poor syntax of commands in the link).
    Anyone have a link to another tutorial, or prepared to help me get this set up?
    Any advice would be much appreciated

Regards,
    Nasha
    Last edited by nasha; February 18th, 2008 at 05:01 AM.

Beans

Re: Dvico FusionRemote in MythBuntu

Hi Nasha

Which type of remote do you have?

I far as I know there are 3 distinct types of remote control supplied with the card. 2 x MCE types and 1 non-MCE type.
    I suspect you have the later (like I do). The instructions you were following only apply to the MCE type. I eventually got my non-mce one working but it wasn't easy. If you can you post a small photo of your remote I can direct you to the correct instructions for that model.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Here's a link to my remote: http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/...sionRemote.jpg
    Thanks for any help you can provide

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nasha View Post
    Here's a link to my remote: http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/...sionRemote.jpg
    Thanks for any help you can provide
    Yep that's the one, exactly the same as mine.
    I have a working lircc setup I can give you when I get home tonight.

What stage are you at now?
    In a terminal run
    dmesg|grep DVB

Do you get a line similar to this;
    "input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input5"

If you do then irw in a terminal and press a few keys.
    Do you get command names or codes or nothing at all?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Im at the stage where i've done little to nothing concerning the remote setup, because i had no idea where to start.

Strangely, dmesg doesnt output anything regarding the IR reciever... I say strangely because a day or two ago it was telling me there wasn't one connected :/

If i dmesg|grep IR on the last line i get 'cxusb: No IR reciver detected on this device.'

Beans

Im at the stage where i've done little to nothing concerning the remote setup, because i had no idea where to start.

Strangely, dmesg doesnt output anything regarding the IR reciever... I say strangely because a day or two ago it was telling me there wasn't one connected :/

If i dmesg|grep IR on the last line i get 'cxusb: No IR reciver detected on this device.'
    Please run dmesg|grep DVB and post the result.
    When I run that command I get the following.

jeff@htpc1:~/myconfs$ dmesg|grep DVB
    [ 54.007293] dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4' in warm state.
    [ 54.038445] DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4)
    [ 54.268606] DVB: registering frontend 0 (Zarlink ZL10353 DVB-T)...
    [ 54.402453] input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input5
    [ 54.402536] dvb-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 successfully initialized and connected.
    [ 54.402544] dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4' in warm state.
    [ 54.433755] DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4)
    [ 54.479554] DVB: registering frontend 1 (Zarlink ZL10353 DVB-T)...
    [ 54.480177] dvb-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 successfully initialized and connected.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

dmesg|grep DVB output:

[ 28.151288] dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4' in warm state.
    [ 28.182716] DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4)
    [ 28.363469] DVB: registering frontend 0 (Zarlink ZL10353 DVB-T)...
    [ 28.430930] dvb-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 successfully initialized and connected.
    [ 28.430952] dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4' in warm state.
    [ 28.462183] DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4)
    [ 28.511390] DVB: registering frontend 1 (Zarlink ZL10353 DVB-T)...
    [ 28.512130] dvb-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 successfully initialized and connected.

Beans

dmesg|grep DVB output:

[ 28.151288] dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4' in warm state.
    [ 28.182716] DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4)
    [ 28.363469] DVB: registering frontend 0 (Zarlink ZL10353 DVB-T)...
    [ 28.430930] dvb-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 successfully initialized and connected.
    [ 28.430952] dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4' in warm state.
    [ 28.462183] DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4)
    [ 28.511390] DVB: registering frontend 1 (Zarlink ZL10353 DVB-T)...
    [ 28.512130] dvb-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 successfully initialized and connected.
    So far so good. It looks like you already have the v4l-dvb updates needed for the card.
    What needs to happen is for the firmware to be loaded for the remote control to be found.

cd /lib/firmware
    wget http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/fir...bluebird-01.fw
    wget http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/Li...dvico-au-01.fw
    wget http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/Li...bluebird-02.fw

Unplug and replug the IR receiver.
    Run dmesg|grep DVB again and see if the IR receiver is listed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I already have those files in /lib/firmware from when i followed the guide i mentioned in my first post...

Just deleted them, and retrieved them again just incase something went wrong. Still nothing in dmesg
    Last edited by nasha; February 19th, 2008 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Update

Beans

I already have those files in /lib/firmware from when i followed the guide i mentioned in my first post...

Just deleted them, and retrieved them again just incase something went wrong. Still nothing in dmesg
    Is the are the firmware files dated 15/12/2007?
    I'm leaving work now but I've found the original instructions I followed.
    Have a look at Chris Pascoe's page here
    http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/Linux-DVB/DVICO/

I followed the instructions dated 2007/11/12. After doing this I just needed to update my lircd.conf and lircc files and it all worked. I can provide copies of those when I get home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast