Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

Re: Show off your Desktop

Be Proud Of your Ubuntu
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Ubuntu 12.4 running Gnome and Cairo dock Open GL
    I'm Proud of my Ubuntu... This is my desktop I Really think this would be Great if Ubuntu Had a version something like this that came like this with Cairo Dock and these Icons some of the icons I changes around in such a way I thought would make a long time windows users who would like to switch over Happy and less confused.. I tried a bunch of different Linux versions and set ups If you will all claiming they would be great for a long time windows user and personally I think they all sucked!! I’m a Very long time windows User Since 1995 who happen to Try Ubuntu 12.4 at a friends and I liked the programs but didn't like the desktop.. So through my rambling around with this OS for the past three months This is what I came up with that I feel would make a long time windows user happy.. The first Icon opens Applications Menu Kinda Like clicking start on windows XP the second opens Home and shows places like documents downloads etc.. The third is a launcher I made inside is a folder with different quick launch icons to different important programs places or application I think are important On My OS.. You could put some if not all of these on the dock but I like this idea of stacking them to save space and having the first three icons do something similar to windows .. Remember not everyone knows where everything is on Ubuntu or how to use it out of the gate and having a gigantic side Dock like unity has with the search thing is confusing and ugly so this is a nice place to put shortcuts to find things again for the beginner.

Beans

I call this Ubuntu Green! Even comes with a broken computers screen Icon made by me for window killer.. Alot of these Icons where made custom by me also..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rockinrandel View Post
    Ubuntu 12.4 running Gnome and Cairo dock Open GL
    I'm Proud of my Ubuntu... This is my desktop I Really think this would be Great if Ubuntu Had a version something like this that came like this with Cairo Dock and these Icons some of the icons I changes around in such a way I thought would make a long time windows users who would like to switch over Happy and less confused.. I tried a bunch of different Linux versions and set ups If you will all claiming they would be great for a long time windows user and personally I think they all sucked!! I’m a Very long time windows User Since 1995 who happen to Try Ubuntu 12.4 at a friends and I liked the programs but didn't like the desktop.. So through my rambling around with this OS for the past three months This is what I came up with that I feel would make a long time windows user happy.. The first Icon opens Applications Menu Kinda Like clicking start on windows XP the second opens Home and shows places like documents downloads etc.. The third is a launcher I made inside is a folder with different quick launch icons to different important programs places or application I think are important On My OS.. You could put some if not all of these on the dock but I like this idea of stacking them to save space and having the first three icons do something similar to windows .. Remember not everyone knows where everything is on Ubuntu or how to use it out of the gate and having a gigantic side Dock like unity has with the search thing is confusing and ugly so this is a nice place to put shortcuts to find things again for the beginner.
    How did you get that ubuntu icon with a menu on there? I want that plz.

Beans

You can Put any Icon on Cairo Dock by right clicking the Icon and going to edit. The Icon your talking about I pretty sure I made that with Photo Shop on my other Box stuck it on my flash drive and then on here. To be honest I make a lot of em on windows and then bring um to my Ubuntu. When I look on Google for Ubuntu Icons there isn't a lot to choose from I think I but a background image on that black button by shrinking it down and pasting it over to the button in Photo shop. I'd like to make a bunch more and maybe post em online some place for people to use...

Beans

Hardware: HP Compaq dc5750.
    DE: Default Ubuntu Unity.
    Theme: Ambiance.
    Wallpaper: a Pokemon fan-art I made recently.

Won't let me post the image, so here's the link.

http://dfx4509b.deviantart.com/art/M...ktop-339706030
    Last edited by TeamRocket1233c; January 23rd, 2013 at 03:21 AM.

Beans

This is my final product for Green did some more Tweaking and Now I'm real happy with

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bud986 View Post
    DE: Enlightenment 17

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Not meaning to derail, but how does one make Terminal do that--give the system info like that?

Beans

Now this is what I call a Cool Desktop!! This is Ubuntu 12.04 Cairo dock and Gnome shell.. I really love this one I'm keeping this set up It off the chain...

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast