Thread: romanticred62

Beans

romanticred62

HI to all from West Plains MO. New to linex but working on it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: romanticred62

Hi to you from Springfiled! need help, just ask
    Always,
    John

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

A big Hidy Ho Neighborino from Nixa.

/me pokes jcwmoore. How many of us are there around SGF anyway? Do you know?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabbadont View Post
    /me pokes jcwmoore. How many of us are there around SGF anyway? Do you know?
    I can say there is one "willing soul" at the office, but at MSU, asside from Dr Shade (trust me... if you know a CS major you can get a mouth full about Shade) the people using linux -- even in the Computer Science Department -- are few and very far between...
    Always,
    John

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

the people using linux -- even in the Computer Science Department -- are few and very far between...
    no kidding? same apply to unix? whattathey got the kids learning on down there?

-j (originally from willow springs,mo with deep, deep ozark hillbilly roots)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

no kidding? same apply to unix? whattathey got the kids learning on down there?
    we use anything and just about everything that is free and open source, but as long as it runs on the windows OS, Firefox is promoted, text editors like jedit, vim, emacs, jGrasp (for java 1 and 2), but to use the c++ compiler we need to come to campus and log into the "unix like" machine, rather than run linux at home and use g++... lucky for me I do, so i only need to upload my homework and never need to go to campus to do it...
    Always,
    John

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I'm getting ready to go to UMKC for graduate school (MBA with emphasis in MIS). I was rather disappointed to learn that they are VB.NET freaks there. I've met a few UMKC students who have seen the light, but it seems most compsci and MIS students today are Windows Weenies in training.

Beans

We're not VB.NET freaks...we're Visual Studio.NET freaks. Undergrads learn Visual C++ (Microsoft version), Assembly for a MIPS processor, and probably something else I don't know about yet.

Beans

Hi, RomanticRed. I'm living in St. Louis, but my parents live in West Plains. I've been using Linux for the past four years, Ubuntu for the past year. I used to be a KDE fan until KDE4 came out, which drove me to GNOME (or Xfce for older computers) and Ubuntu.
    Have you heard that Microsoft bought Hoover Vacuum? Now they finally have a product that doesn't suck!