Thread: [SOLVED] Adjusting window size when running Virtual Box

Beans

[SOLVED] Adjusting window size when running Virtual Box

Hello everybody.

I have installed both OpenSUSE 10.3 and windows XP under Virtual Box. Everything is fine except one thing:

The window size of VB is too tiny, and I really can't work like that. There is an option for "full screen" but when I choose that, the window size stays the same and the rest of the screen turns black, that's all.

Do you have any idea how I could fix that?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Adjusting window size when running Virtual Box

Moved to Virtualization.

To enable a full-screen display, you'll need to install the guest additions for each OS. The first step is to get the installation files, which can be done by clicking on "Device" while the machine is booting.

The procedure for installing is slightly different for each OS, but relatively straightforward.
    I am aware of all internet traditions. | Getting the best help | Text formatting codes | My last.fm profile
    Should I PM support questions? NO!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I've only used XP through VirtualBox, but in addition to installing guest additions to get full screen, if you change the resolution within the virtualized OS it should change the window size to whatever resolution you pick, so pick a resolution slightly lower than your regular desktop and you should have a workable windowed OS.

Beans

@p_quarles

Yep, that did the job (at least in windows XP, haven't tried on SUSE)!

Thanks a lot!!

P.S. @jabeez Yes, I had noticed that. However with the solution above I also have full screen.. Very convenient!!
    Last edited by geo909; February 7th, 2008 at 06:34 PM.