Thread: Matlab license manager error -95

Beans

Matlab license manager error -95

I recently installed matlab r2007b on my gutsy box and had a problem with the license manager (I have a single user license). I figured out the solution and am posting it here in case it can help anyone else. Maybe it is obvious for more experienced linux users, but not for me...

After installing matlab, I kept getting the License Manager Error -95, which is described here:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/sol...lution=1-19X9I

I tried all the solutions I could find, and nothing seemed to work. My problem ended up having to do with the fact that I had renamed my computer in the past.

1) I went through the menus: System -> Network, then the "General" tab to see my Host name.

2) I then clicked on the "Hosts" tab within the Network menu, and the 127.0.1.1 ip address had a different alias than my host name on the "General" tab.

3) I changed that alias to match my Host name, and the license manager worked. I could then run matlab.

Beans

Re: Matlab license manager error -95

I wasn't aware that r2007b was out for linux. I have it in XP and I love but unfortunately i have to use 2007a in gutsy

Beans

I double-checked, and I'm definitely running r2007b. I ordered matlab for the first time about 3 months ago, and the dvd they sent contains r2007b for linux.

Beans

Many thanks, ecmerkle, worked like a charm for R2007b on 64 bit Gutsy.

Beans

Cool. Thanks for the info.

----------------
    http://kb.x-formation.com