Page 460 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470510560960 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

for how long u use ubuntu

Beans

Wink Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Sold for ubuntu.

It's free, fast, fun, easy, and you don't have to worry about having to return it within 30 days.

Windows is a conglomerate greedy beast organism looking to infect the world with multitudes of garbage and destruction.

Beans

the one thing i hate is that computers normaly come with windows then a normal user learn how to use windows even do he sucks

Beans

I haven't yet. I think there was a Windows partition on my desktop computer. gParted reported that it had an NTFS filesystem on it, anyway. I wiped it for FreeBSD..so I still haven't completely switched yet. = P~

Beans

I am using Linux in my office but I still use Windows Vista at home.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm currently in the process of shrinking my windows partition so I can switch. I don't use windows for anything I can't use Ubuntu for. My only problem I'm having trouble finding an answer to is GRUB:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1084676

Beans

I was using Win95, 98, Me, 2000 and finally XP for the last 13 years or so. In between I used MacOS 9, and then 10. But after trying out Ubuntu7.4 on my old desktop 233Mhz w/ 128Mb RAM I was amazed. Unfortunately in my T43p wireless wont work and I had to wait till Ubuntu8.10 release and I never looked back.

T43p has a well known "Post 2010" issue with new HDD (all HDD need an arcane firmware update) so I have to keep the old XP HDD in w/ Ubuntu8.10 on the Ultrabay. But for the last six months or so I have completely migrated to Linux and have never touched XP ever. I am so glad that I did that.

Beans

I have been toying with the idea of running Linux for years.

Since Red Hat actually.
    Made the plunge with the latest version of Ubuntu, no regrets.
    Could my install been a little more involved and thought out? Yes, but to not have to deal with buggy drivers or incompatibilites, I love this. Don't get me wrong, I have some things to work out, but I am a new user and for once I don't mind pouring over forums looking for answers, since I am learning.
    I still have another XP machine, but I am not willing to let that one be transformed.

Not yet anyway.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Running Linux solely on my laptop, which I use mainly for school related work. It is working perfectly. OpenJDK, Eclipse, MySQL <3

On my home station I am running 8.04 and XP. I only boot up XP when a game comes out that I cannot get working in Wine - so far only one. Got World of Warcraft running better than it ever did on Windows and several hardware issues I had on XP are nowhere to be found when on Ubuntu. Overall very pleased with my setup.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I made a full commitment to dumping windows the night before the release of Vista. Had been using Ubuntu for the previous year, and debian for 3-4 years before that. I had become less and less dependent on "the windows way" for quite awhile, but I hung on, just in case. Now, I am done, happy, and don't look back.

I'll admit that it helped that WoW runs GREAT in Wine. Also, I think it was a combination of my learning curve, as well as the actual software getting a lot better.

Now that I have found Open Movie Editor, not to mention the latest version for Ubuntu, I have all my needs met. The one and ONLY thing I ever missed from windows was Adobe Premiere. I like Avidemux, but I miss the time line visual Premiere / Open Movie Editor gives.

Give your grandmother Ubuntu, a web cam, and Open Movie Editor and she will be posting all her vacations and bridge games on youtube by the end of the day.
    If all else fails, read the documentation. There's nothing sissy about a MAN page.

Page 460 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470510560960 ... LastLast