Page 989 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 489889939979987988989990991999 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,890 of 10014

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Hey, if you are advanced user and want to learn new things and play with security then I think you should move to Linux. I have installed Linux OS on my secondary PC. But facing some audio issues. Trying to finding the solutions.

Beans

Smile Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I used to use Windows when I couldn't do what I wanted in Linux ... but that hasn't happened for a very long time.

I still do maintain Windows in a dual-boot setup, against the day that some job requires it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I use W8 once a year - taxes.

Beans

I just recently dusted off an old Dell Dimension 4550 that I obtained from my mother and installed Ubuntu Server 16.04 on it. Using it as a headless server to run Plex Media Server in the house. Does a fantastic job! I don't have it transcode at all, but I did test it doing that and it worked fine. Not sure how it would do if multiple people were streaming at the same time, but it's always just me anyways, so no big deal.

Beans

Last week I finally took the all-Linux plunge after a forced Windows 10 update caused my video and sound to go wonky. My laptop lost the ability to control THE VOLUME OF ITS SPEAKERS, and the redshift/nighlight/nightmode feature stopped working and was grayed out due to an incompatible video driver (despite the driver being a whole two days old).

I'd been dual-booting up to that point just to play a few Steam games. Moved on now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Since 2011 I do work only with Linux ... no other OS installed anymore
    And since beginning 2017 only with Ubuntu .. but having some other distros within VirtualBox

Beans

As someone who doesn't currently own their own computer, but runs around with an Ubuntu live-usb and uses it at every possible occasion, I think I can say I have "switched" to Linux, right?

Beans

I have completely switched to linux. Nothing to do on windows anymore. Some programs are used under wine. Got virtual machine with windows just in case, but did not run it for a really long time already.

Beans

)

Beans

Ubuntu 100% of the time.
    Basically for graphic design (Gimp, Inkscape and... Xara X.... Yes, keep Xara X going, please!!!)

Page 989 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 489889939979987988989990991999 ... LastLast