Page 226 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326726 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I have used Windows all my life and was very content with it. I tried draper when it came out but wasn't ready to make the change. I messed around with gutsy and figured I would dual boot and give it a try. In about 10 minutes I decided I'm never going back to windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Two things keep me booting the Windows partition I left on my computer.

One: I still have legacy aps I have to maintain, built in Delphi, which, despite Kylix is more Windows-specific than Microsoft.

Two: I still can't figure out how to keep my system from spontaneously restarting at midnight when I halt from Ubuntu. If I halt from Windows, the system stays halted.

Everything else is pure Ubuntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I started using linux with Fedora 4. Total disaster. Back to MS. Around 2 months after failing with F4 my buddy told me about something called Ubuntu. So I tried it. Never left. Never going back!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Once I can get past installation issues and really start using it the only time I will ever use Windows is on a machine that is not mine.

Beans

226 pages. truly an epic thread

i was a windows user from the relase of 95 through XP, i tried SUSE 4 years ago for about a month but gave up after peer pressure to play certain games and frustration for not being patient or intelligent enough to figure things out.

2 months ago i decided i needed to give up playing games all the time, and I certainly had NO intentions of buying Vista.. i thought a new OS would help with that so i installed 7.04 at a friends suggestion, and i was blown away.

upgraded to 7.10 and the tables have turned... i'll never go back to closed source again.

my only "problem" is that most of the games i still want to play... are actually playable on linux in some fashion. and as the exodus from windows continues to grow, more and more games will be ported. *sigh* hehe

i only regret not being knowledgeable enough to contribute to the community more.

thank you to everyone that made Ubuntu possible

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

once i got an HP printer, i wiped my xp drive. it was a great feeling. but i still get to "use" windows. it's how i make my money. (fixing)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.
    I switched completly, and just to let you know, iD Software releases all Quake games for Linux too.

Beans

I started with win 98 in the year 2000, moved to xp when it came out, dual booted win xp with Linspire in 2004, then dual booted win xp and Dapper in 2006, then went solo with Dapper the same year, and now am solo with Gutsy. I don't do games so I don't need ms for anything. I'm a happy camper.

Beans

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I started using Ubuntu last September.
    Ee, 'twas like beng enlightened.
    There is a God!

No more Microsoft
    No more Monopolism
    No more being ripped off summat weird for rubbish bits of closed source #&*'!

Pour me another cup of Ubuntu, dear. I'm staying!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

The snerdman says.............. I started with Windows 3.11 in 1995 on a Packard Hell with a 420mb hard drive and 8mb ram and thought I was first class.

Went through most of the winbloze releases, 95, 98, 2k, xp. Wow! That's 12 years of the devil's deeds! So..... last night I wiped my drive and installed Ubuntu exclusively. This way I have to learn it! So far it's like being a kid again with a new toy! I'm out there and I'm loving it! At 52 I didn't think I would ever get excited about computers again, but this linux is a new challenge and is quite fun!

I do think I'll miss Quicken, but I put it on the wife's winbloze box so she can do that stuff now.

carry on........................

Page 226 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326726 ... LastLast