Page 935 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 435835885925933934935936937945985 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,350 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I have completely switched over to Linux mainly due to religious/siritual reasons. What I do on my computer has not changed all that much, in fact they have grown in the things that I do and accomplish.

Beans

I've nearly completely switched to Ubuntu, cause I can do more with it than with WinXP - but I still run a VM cause I'm too lazy to get AoE II running on Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Since 2005/2006 experimenting, never managed to get everything working fine and needed a lot of windows programs for my personal life unfortunately that still happens

At my personal desktop at home I've completely switched to Ubuntu about 1 year and 6 months ago and I couldn't be happier with it!!

Although I'm not very wise on computer programing, I've always been curious and always hatted the little window OS and related. I still enjoy to solve the problems I encounter in Ubuntu, and with this awesome forum we can even track the history of some solved problems. It's simply beautiful to see how many dedicated and knowledgable persons works around the world and manage to, most of the times, get very simple solutions for "huge" problems.

Cheers for all the community!

Beans

I just made the switch from Win 7 ... i just went all in and installed 13.04 ... but Im teaching myself python also and I figured this is like droping my self of in a forgein county to learn the langue...... its working...... but trust I have my Win8 PC that I use at the same time to help trouble shoot major problems that I ran into like .... no touch pad and black screens..... My transiton has been nothing but smooth but I wouldn't have it any other way......

Beans

Hi, I started using Linux (Ubuntu 12.10) only for a few days but I already get rid off Windows completely. Sure it's a little tough+ I am not an expert, but I kind of like Ubuntu. Yes I can't play some games, but I will try to get WoW running (I hope) and that pretty much all I want out of gaming. As for why I like Ubuntu it's because of security, interface and the fact that you are learning much more than on Win(98-7). And +the community is great here. So thanks!

Beans

Thumbs down Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Not me because 12.04 is the worst version yet biggiest piece of Crap yet, it crashes all the time and is not compatible with programs that have the option to minimize to the tray. I can't add my Minolta Magi Color 2300dl because the gnome control center keeps crashing when I try to add a network printer
    Unknown Error, please report bug. More infomation is avalible in the detailed report. Query type 'postscript' is not supported.

Did not have this problem with 10.04 and the first time I installed 12.04 I don't remember having this problem, why it started doing this now is beyond me.

Looks like it's back to Windows 7 and only using Linux for backing up my files because Windows 7's backup program @#%*!.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

So, did you report the bug?
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Smile Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I was a Microsoft Developer for many years. I've quit the development rat race and have gone 100% Ubuntu for a year and a half now. I really enjoy XBMC and using the python language. I have a desktop and a laptop. On the desktop (pentium 4 3.9ghz dual core Dell) i am running Ubuntu 12.10 and on the laptop (acer inspire 1515 1.8 ghz single core) I am running lubuntu. I also have a tablet but it runs android ICS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I cannot say that I completly switched. bacause I need to run MS office communicator (for chat, call and desktop sharing) for official purpose. So i have a duel boot system with Ubuntu 12.04 and Win7. ubuntu is my primary os. Recently my wife also switched to ubuntu. So sweet home.. happy home.
    Find all your favourite Ubuntu articles...
    http://www.hallowdemon.net

Beans

Where and how do I report the bug and where do I find the error report?
    I did not do an upgrade I did a full install from the DVD because 10.04 does not run on SATA System.

Quote Originally Posted by mörgæs View Post
    So, did you report the bug?

Page 935 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 435835885925933934935936937945985 ... LastLast