Page 960 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 460860910950958959960961962970 ... LastLast
Results 9,591 to 9,600 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Threads merged.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I tranfered to Ubuntu when we were using Dapper Drake! For a number of year this was fine, but I needed to use a Windows system for a camera program that was better (at the time than Gimp - as it wasn't explicit enough for this dull mind). I have since inherited a 2008 Mac Book Pro from a relative who has died. I'm coming to terms with the Closed Unix System it uses on that. So outwardly, I am seen to use Windows 7, Linux Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin) and 10.9 (Mavericks) on an Mac Book Pro laptop too. However, my first choice is Linux or Ubuntu every time - which is why I chose to call myself Linuxfanatik in many quarters, as well as terabyte1 here.
    Terabyte1

Non sibi sed omnibus = "Not for oneself but for all."

Beans

windows games only...Though it looks like that could change in the very near future.

Beans

I'm working in digital art and graphic design...
    I was on Mac OS since the early 90's... The apple policy of "closeness" push me to try ubuntu in 2006...
    And in september 2012 i switch everything to ubuntu and now on mint...
    It's a real choice and i need to play with librairy as with Lego... It's not an easy way ...
    But it bring me a lot of new space to create...

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I switched completely over to linux in 2007 or 2006.

I own a copy of windows but I never use it, instead I have tinyxp and tiny7 that I use in vmware to do certain things like install the prc pack in neverwinter nights 1, then copy the modules over to linux.

The gameing issues are comming to a close thanks to the efforts of the community and I have had no issues with anything I have tried (other than oversights by either canonical or authors of software). The dvd issue one of the posters mentioned is due to gstreamer not being compiled with mplex (libmjpegtools-dev) I believe.

Beans

I've used Microsoft since 1980 but having problems with all the junk I need to do to keep things running clean. I spend too much time doing maintenance scans etc.

I and now using Ubuntu 13.10 and enjoying it! However I'm and old fart that understands the old fashion MS structure. I'm into ham radio and need a little more than word procession, Internet and email.

Reading so many threads and documents I see a lot of junk that I just don't understand at this point and a little hesitant to make the switch 100%. However I'm working toward that end.

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quit Windows in 2006 and never looked back.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

We haven't made the switch 100 percent yet. I have one windows program that absolutely refuse to run on Linux, even under wine or crossover, so I keep a windows computer around for the kids to run those two programs for them. I don't let them use that computer for going on line just so I won't have problems with viruses on that one and if those programs need any updates I just buy a new cd of each of those programs. But, other than those programs, we are Linux all the way. Even our old computers run better with Linux and it is so nice to know we don't have to go out and replace our old computers.

Becky

Beans

I have Ubuntu on all my 3 computers and run it 99% of the time. Very, very occasionally I have to run an app which is not available in Linux - shame, pity! I have a triple boot setup on my old desktop: Ubuntu, Fedora and Win XP. Believe it or not I have an app which runs only in XP, not in Win 7/8.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I completely switched to Linux years ago.

Page 960 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 460860910950958959960961962970 ... LastLast