Page 991 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 4918919419819899909919929931001 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,910 of 10014

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I use Ubuntu almost exclusively. If there's something I can't do on Ubuntu, I have another machine on the desk, that I can do it with on Windows, video editing or tax software. Otherwise, Windows is not permitted access to the internet in this house any more. It's simple. Windows have run up a track record of arrogance, incompetence and outright deceit. Linux serves me well, although I wish all these myriad distros would combine into a smaller number and standardize on how they do things. Too many third party software providers are merely packaging up dead fish as a Linux version, and schlepping that onto the table as though they were doing Linux users a favour.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I am making the change myself. My machine will not support Windows 10, so I have installed Ubuntu on my machine home machine.

However, is there any simple blueprint like applications? I currently use Visio for making simple plans for wood working; however, I will need something similar that can create plans and scale.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

As for my two cents, I finally got to install Linux on my work computer and it has been wonderful!

There was some hemming and hawing about what flavor to choose; CentOS for its ability to play nice in an Enterprise environment, Debian for familiarity and maturity, Mint for its small footprint, or Ubuntu for its superb community and strong support/supportibility.

Seeing as I'm here, you'd be right to guess that I went with Ubuntu. I find it telling that when I was having odd display driver issues, my instinctual reaction after a week of troubleshooting was to try Ubuntu and see if it would work better (it didn't, but I swapped out my GPU for an ATI card, so it's better now).

I've played with every release since 4.10 (my very first Linux install), and I'm often impressed with the leaps in usability and functionality that come from this top-notch community. Thanks for making Ubuntu excellent!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Totally Linux since 2002.

Beans

Cool Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by Quake View Post
    I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.
    Use Console for gaming.I use XBOX and UBuntu with steam for compatible steam games I already own.
    I even bought mad max for linux on steam yesterday for 4 Euros.

I tossed the crappy win10 completely and got SSD for linux

Beans

I really love linux/Ubuntu, i've switched 70% to linux, once i can get steam to work on my linux, bye bye to windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Once all of my games become 100% compatable with Linux, and my Nvidia drivers as well, Then I will 100% switch.

But, for now, 90% Linux, 10% Windows.

Though I did recently switch my phone over to Ubuntu Touch, so there's that.
    END OF LINE

Beans

I have mostly switched. I can use my Linux laptop for browsing, YouTube, Netflix and research. I'm not a gamer, so I don't worry about that. However, the only real thing keeping me from ditching my Win10 laptop is MS Office. Libre is good. But unfortunately, MS Office is still pretty much the standard.

Beans

Pleased to say that I am using solely UBUNTU on all my PC's, Notebooks and mini's since 14.04. Have made volumes of installations on third party computers for friends and acquaintances with resounding success. Yes, Microsoft/Adobe has thrown a curved ball with some issues such as tax return documentation and, Bank statement encryption, but shot themselves and its clients in the foot in the process. Reversed the tax returns to postal service at the tax man inconvenience and call up the bank statements via my e-bankt. Anyone still feeding the monopolistic and manipulative Microsoft or Apple machinery does obviously pull up their jeans with a vice-grip. I also like Mint, Debian and other Linux OS's; UBUNTU however is the most versatile, user friendly and balanced system. Long live UBUNTU.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Ubuntu only on my desktop and laptop since Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon). on my wife desktop and laptop since Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf).
    Windows XP kept in virtualbox removed 2 years ago.

Page 991 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 4918919419819899909919929931001 ... LastLast