Page 999 of 999 FirstFirst ... 499899949989997998999
Results 9,981 to 9,985 of 9985

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

I switched about 20 years ago. I first tried Red Hat, but didn't care for that distribution at the time. Then I went with several Debian distros before coming to Ubuntu with Feisty Fawn (7.04). I have been with Ubuntu since that time. I was so glad that there were realistic alternatives to Microsoft that it made no difference to me that I was responsible for my own support. Obviously Ubuntu has grown significantly since I first started using it, but the journey has been worth the ride.

Beans

Red face Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Microsoft Windows 10 was running my HDD almost constantly and slowing my system even for standard operations. I was paying for MSOffice monthly for the suite because I used it for the work I do.

I started looking at Linux packages last month, struggled with getting my computer to boot from the USB drive (finally unplugged all the other drives), and got it installed to another HDD. I haven't booted to Win10 since Friday. Ubuntu has a nice package of apps that load from the "Ubuntu Software" app for most programs I was running.

There are some geek-tastic prickly points still, but it feels like I have my process, HDD, and memory back from slavery.

dp

Beans

Its been 2 years i have using Linux its really an awesome experience & little complicated some times.

Beans

As long as Microsoft keeps pushing bloatware/spyware i don't think Linux has anything to worry about

Beans

I used gentoo for a couple of years. After my hard drive cratered i got lazy and installed ubuntu rather then go through the work of setting up gentoo again. I'm not a gamer so ubuntu does everything I need. I have plenty of hard drive space so I will leave windows there but unused.

--glenn
    Last edited by psychohermit; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:46 PM.

Page 999 of 999 FirstFirst ... 499899949989997998999